Tankfilling1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Tankfilling2.jpg
    Tankfilling2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Tankfilling3.jpg
    Tankfilling3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 74
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i payed £450 for the tank, stand, lid, 2 eheim pro 3 2080 external filters, 2 twin 39 watt t5 light sets and 4 heaters.
got other bits aswel, like 1 full new box of the eheim pro 3 filter media set, a spare heater, a 2 litre tub of aqua safe dechlorinator stuff, a fluval 4 plus (don't think i'll be needing this lol).
the van to pick it up was £80 and about the same in diesel so all in all its cost me around £600, not bad really!

Better find a way of bypassing your water meter!!!!! Awesome size tank though,cant wait to see it up and running. :good:

i LOVE this tank, it would take up most of my house lol (i have a big house but odd shaped :| )

you selling the fluval then if youre not using it?

i'll just keep the fluval for a spare, i have other tanks so it might still come in handy.
it is running now, well on one filter, i just need to get a hose clip thing for the eheim which seems to have been lost somewhere! only a few quid i think. these are supposed to be better than the fx5 i had before but they don't chuck out half as much water?!?!?!
water isn't on a metre, just the same each month no matter how much we use so im ok with that, 2 big filters and 4 lights and 3 heaters is what im worried about!, don't suppose the electric bill will be the same this month as last lol!
its just bits n bobs now, going to the lfs to order some eheim sucker things for the inlet and outlet pipes.
the guy who had the tank is selling 5 18" red tailed golden arowana, real nice ones, said i could have them all for £1000, if i can get it i will get them and sell 4 as i only want one, don't think im gonna have a grand anytime soon though lol
will try and get a pic later of it full and up n running lol

cheers,
Dave

NICE!!!

Cant wait to see it when its stocked up - thought my tank was big lol !

lol, this tank aint that big lol
its still annoying though, finding about about the different rays, people say erm no your tank is too small for that species etc etc, and i sit there thinking, ***** what am i going to have to get to have these fish! lol
i think leopoldi will be ok as a pair in this tank but think im going to start with some cheaper ones for a couple of years then move onto the leo's that will set me back nearly 2 grand lol.
looking into the siamese tiger fish aswel, gonna wait a while for the arowana, got to find one i really really like!

No profanity please. This is a family forum.

lol, this tank aint that big lol
its still annoying though, finding about about the different rays, people say erm no your tank is too small for that species etc etc, and i sit there thinking, #93###, what am i going to have to get to have these fish! lol
i think leopoldi will be ok as a pair in this tank but think im going to start with some cheaper ones for a couple of years then move onto the leo's that will set me back nearly 2 grand lol.
looking into the siamese tiger fish aswel, gonna wait a while for the arowana, got to find one i really really like!

fantastic tank Dave
I;d love one!!
Your right about the Rays mate, I;ve had mine just over 4 weeks started well went drastically bad in the middle and its happy days again!!! All to do with the eating and they lose weight so quick if not eating, mines put it all back on again now!! But great fish mate and I fnd myself watching my tank more now with him in it
You do have to pick you tankmates carfellu though... I don;t think I should keep my oscars with mine and have a big decision to make with them

awesome.

i would use the fluval 4 in the tank for extra flow... those ehiems don't put out that much flow...

actually i wonder why eheim can;t make an external with high flow rates? they make plenty of powerful pumps

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back