6Ft Tank Build

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Love the Vallis in the backround, really makes the tank look nice.

Coming along nicely :) That wood is awesome!

Thanks Nin :)

Updated photo

6ft%2027th%20Feb%202015%201a.jpg

6ft%2027th%20Feb%202015%201c.jpg

One of the rainbows, they are starting to colour up some
Rainbow%2027th%20Feb%202015%201a.jpg

Wow! Your tank looks great! :D The wood and vals (right?) are very pretty. :) 

Thank you. Yes along the back is Val :)

Seriously, your tank is gorgeous!! I love it, was hoping to get rainbows myself!

The outdoor 6ft native tank, plants are growing quite well considering it is running low light

6ft%209th%20Mar%202015%201a.jpg

Update:

Algae outbreak! lol. I go out today and yep, we got a lovely green starting to appear, only on the sand areas though. Gotta love the settle in period.....not! Oh and we also have diatoms just to top it off lol

This tank gets more ambient light than i thought it would, so for now the actual tank lights ill be staying off (unless i need a photo lol)

On the plus side, the stems are growing like weeds, so will be doing a bit of a stem shuffle today (bigger to the back, new smaller to the front)

Very nicely done! How many fish do you intend to eventually stock, or are you about done?

Gvilleguy said:
Very nicely done! How many fish do you intend to eventually stock, or are you about done?
Thank you. More fish will be added once i manage to get my hands on some :) I added a heap (and i do mean a heap lol) of native shrimp last night, hoping they will clean up some of the algae and keep the sand turned over and clean.

Finally hooked up the overhead sump......only to find the pump i have is WAY to powerful, it needed to be restricted too much to be any good for the pump itself....so it will be put away for another project, and i will hopefully be able to buy a smaller one. I wanna get this sump running, the poor canister is doing its best but it was always meant to run in conjunction with the sump not on its own. I will have to give the canister a clean tomorrow also, i notice its flow has slowed a bit

omg this is absolutely stunning!!!  that driftwood is amazing.

perefection!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back