6Ft Tank Build

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Now i've started the stand i figured it time for a thread to update pics and such to

Started the stand (please note it is not finished!)
6ftstand9thNov2014.jpg

I still need to pick up another 15 or so blocks to complete it

At present i have opted not to paint them, but being as it will sit until the tank comes, i could very well change my mind lol

you might want to clean the floor as well... LOL

This is in an outdoor concrete area. I have a dog who has dirty feet, not to mention me walking in and out getting the blocks.

The reason i am using the besser blocks is because this area is frequently hosed to control dust, mud etc.....

So ignore the floor :rolleyes: it will be cleaned up once i have finished working on the stand

So picked up another 12 blocks, i think that will do the job. I also picked up some builder film, this will be wrapping around the ply and under where the ply rest against the blocks to keep moisture out

I am going to paint the blocks lol i think it will look tidier.

Will update with a pic once all painted and ready for the tank itself
smile.png

Stand finished, finally lol

6ftstand16thNov2014.jpg

That looks much nicer! Good job :)

The main tank has now been built
biggrin.png

Just the sump to go, i finalised the measurements and plumbing i want on it yesterday, so it will be built soon

That's great! I'm sorry I forgot, when should it be delivered you think?

Hoping to have it delivered before the 19th....if not it wont get here til mid-lateJan sometime

Sooo i came clean with Hubby tonight that i'd bought another tank, and i survived the ordeal lol
Well actually its 3 tanks all up but well i wanted to ease him into it lol

I am off to see the tank builder Friday morning. I cant see it being delivered til next year, but ya never know. And even if it is, it will sit empty for a few weeks as i am going on a holiday.....anyway, will update as i know more

Glad you survived :p It's going to be worth the wait I'm sure. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Update....yeah i know...finally lol

The tanks are due to be delivered Thursday 5th at 10am.....unless something changes between now and then :)

The tank is here!! Wish i didnt have to go back to work so i could play with it..............oh well weekend isnt far away

If you had come clean with hubby first you could have made your own tank and saved some $. I made my own tank 6' x 2' x 2' for marine fish.

Updated pic :D

6ft5thFeb20151a.jpg

* i will be painting the visible foam that the tank is sitting on black. I also need to setup the bulkheads in the sump, decide what pump to use and organize hoses etc

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back