6Ft Tank Build

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hoping native rainbows or such, if i cant source them it will prolly end up goldfish, a while away yet, gotta organize substrate, hoses for the pump i picked up today etc

So i managed to get my hands on 10 rainbows, i pick them up tonight and they will go into a holding tank until i can get the 6ft running. I am going to enquire if they can get anymore as i really would like a fairly decent school in the tank.

Hi Alasse

I think you should treat that marine ply with a good quality varnish or paint, In time moisture will get under the plastic. 2 coats of a good quality marine varnish or paint may be better as it seals the wood.

It should be fine, its been sitting under an 8x2x2 for many years prior to sitting under here :)

Rainbows are here, also got given 2 Agassiz's glass fish......looking forward to getting the tank running.

Saturday i'll do a shop run to get the stuff for the substrate......pump hoses and some connections. Will raid the pond and see if any of the wood in there is suitable for the look i want. Then we start the plant round up

So the rainbow, which are Crimson Spotted Rainbows, are gonna be in the QT tank for a bit longer, i spotted an anchor worm on a few of them. I have since caught and removed the AW, but i need to be sure no more are around, so these guys will be going through a course of treatment before they end up in the 6ft.

good.gif

I played with some wood in the tank today.....think i've found a look i really like! Bonus, i dont have to go look for new stuff lol. Now that i have it how i want it i dont want to move it back to the pond lol And i cant fill the tank because i've started to mix the DIY substrate and get it in place.....tank now cant be filled until the capping layer is on....

Oh well if the wood dries out too much i'll just have to use rocks to hold it down while it waterlogs up again.....it should be filled by Mon or Tues at the latest, so 4-5 days....I tried for a pic, but way too much reflection, so will wait for dark.

My friend managed to fix the 6ft light i got given (a very expensive light too!), so i hope to pick that up next week. Tis slowly coming together!

Not dark yet, but managed a pic that gives you an idea of wood placement
6ft12thFeb20141a.jpg

Thanks, found it over the years :) Its just been sitting in the pond.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back