£$%^&**&^£!!!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

DXG

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Over the past 2 days my Eheim classic (2215) has developed a "rattling, vibrating" noise which is driving me up the wall.

1) It is not trapped air

2) I've cleaned the impeller

3) I've run the filter with no media in case the flow rate was too low.

The filter has only been in use for 5 months.

Has any here come across this problem ???

Thanks

Is the rattling coming from the filter itself, i.e. if you hold it in your hand, can you feel it, or is it rattling against something else? If the former, the only moving part really is the impellor, so check that again and the spindle, some of them are single part, others multi part - make sure it is complete and not broken, they are quite brittle, but cheap to replace if damaged. What was the last thing you did before it started rattling?

i don't have this filter ,but have xp3's....at one point the noise was driving me insane...days of trying and i couldn't figure it out...
it turned out to be the spray bar,the force of the water going through was creating an awful high pitch hum...bleh...so if you have a spray bar check that.
another time,it turned out that bubbles from the airstone were going into the intake tube and causing a rattle...and yet another time it was rattling against the stand and i put stryofoam under the filter and it worked great as a noise reducer :)

Most reactions

Back