6 NEW BABY MOLLIES!

MarkF

Reaction score
Only had our tank set up for 2 weeks and our female molly has had 6 new babies! They seem to be surviving well and are not being bothered by Mum or Dad or the Guppies. The tank has some bushy plants and bogwood so they can easily hide as i have nowhere else to put them. What do I feed them as the other fish seem to scoff all the food - I tried a few peas tonight and they are nibbling those and they seem happy nibbling the plants etc. Are they in danger of being eaten....... the Guppies are small about 1" and Mum & Dad are only about 1.5". How long do they take to mature? Its great!! :)

What I did when I had mollies was I got one of those little baby net cages and set that up in the tank with a plant to hide in. I gave them tropical fish flakes and they would eat that.
Here's a link for the net cage

Good luck,
Valerie

I agree with val if you dont have a smaller tank then the net cage will do

I had a batch born today :D At first I caught 21 then I went back later to find 2 more then just went back and found another :thumbs: Now I am a Grandma with 24 baby Mollies..I am so happy, cause if you read my other threads I have been having troubles breeding them :unsure:

I have 43 baby fish!! :hyper: 8 1 month old Guppies, 11 4 day old Guppies, and now not even a day old 24 Black Mollies...I have my hands full!!! :lol: I have the 19 Guppy fry in a 5 1/2 gallon tank, and the Molly fry in another 5 1/2 gallon...and going friday to get 2 more tanks to seperate the 8 guppies that I can tell the sex of lol :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back