6 gallon for 2 DP??

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

GP

Orange
Reaction score
OK, I have a few questions, more or less suggestions, so I want to see what you have to think. My first is a question. I was wondering how many DP's and ottos can go into a 6 gallon? 2DPs and 2 ottos?? Also, I may also wait on the DP idea and put some of my bettas in the 6 and divide it, wait until the GSP is ready for the big tank (60) and then get some DP's for the 20. What do you guys think I should do?

Oto's are schooling fish and should realy be kept in nothing less than a 10 gallon with a fairly large shoal. 2 dwarf puffers could live in a 6 gallon tank, but make sure to have lots of plants/hiding places. :)

Some people keep ottos in pairs, I've heard it before...

3 is minimum but more is definately better. I used to keep 5 in a tank with my puffers. Personally now though I go for an Ancistrus (Bristlenose Pleco) as a clean up crew, they're absolutely fantastic.

and how about dwarf puffers.. 2 good, 3 acceptable?

2-3?????? 9 easily, fish are lazy and dont do #### the whole point to a fish tank is to see the fish you cant see a little #### stain fish like that in a 6 gallon tank those fish are about $3 each so i wouldnt care if any died or even all of them died you can get more you make enough money. also you should put some frogs in your 20 gallon it just sits in the garage and you probaly wouldnt use it any for another few months you can just wash it out when your ready and toss the frogs they will die quikly and easily in the desert for the bettas, put them all together it awsome!

ilovegsps- you obviously have no appreciation for life, if you say you dont care if they died, you can just buy more. you shouldnt just buy fish for decoration. they are pets, like a dog, and its animal cruelty if you dont take care of them well. do what you want, but i think that the way you think is real cruel.

SilverDollar_03 said:
ilovegsps- you obviously have no appreciation for life, if you say you dont care if they died, you can just buy more. you shouldnt just buy fish for decoration. they are pets, like a dog, and its animal cruelty if you dont take care of them well. do what you want, but i think that the way you think is real cruel.
SD, he's just a troll, why bother?

He'll be banned before the weekend is over.

ilovegsps you are joking right? If not, you are one crazy sadistic bastard who should not only not be allowed to have pets, but should be made to go through what you do to them! how can you possibly cram 9 oscars, 24 mollies, and 4 catfish into a tiny 5 gallon aquarium? They literally DONT FIT. The oscars grow up to be a foot long and will eat the mollies, a five hundred gallon tank would barely support 9 full grown oscars; a five gallon sure as hell does not! and don't even get me started on the 3 gallon tank holding 13 puffers and 10 goldfish. Not only are those two types of fish incompatible, but they require an aquarium about 10 times the size of the one you have them in. :grr: that's the angriest emoticon they have?

PS Oh, and by the way, fish are not lazy, a little 2 month old molly probably gets more exercise in a week than you have in your entire life (which, judging by your posts, may not be that long). Enough said, I am wasting my energy on someone like you.

Hey everybody, ilovegsps is CLEARLY A TROLL just writing nonsense to get a reaction. Look at it's ridiculous signature if you don't believe me.

If you ignore it and DO NOT REPLY TO ANY OF IT'S POSTS it will get bored and go back to AOL chat where it belongs.

SirMinion said:
Hey everybody, ilovegsps is CLEARLY A TROLL just writing nonsense to get a reaction. Look at it's ridiculous signature if you don't believe me.

If you ignore it and DO NOT REPLY TO ANY OF IT'S POSTS it will get bored and go back to AOL chat where it belongs.
LMAO at the it!!! :lol:

But i agree though, click on his nickname, and see all his posts. None of them really make sense.

P.T.

Most reactions

Back