5Ft Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

westonsupermanc

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I did not realise how hard maintaining a 5ft tank is. It came with a large box filter which is doing my head in. So far clown loach rainbow shark red tailed shark and a yo yo loach have all found their way inside it and it is a major upheaval taking it out. there does not seem to be a decent internal filter for a 480l tank on the net but will keep looking.

Could you not fit an external to it? Internal filters are good but there are not many that can cope with larger tanks.

Why not think about an external filter? Much easier to maintain a cleaner look and something like an fx5 would alow for heavier stocking :)

external filters have made my tanks so much better.
so simple as well

I wanted an internal filter as I live in an apartment, and having water leak through neighbours flats is not an option. (you read  so many leaky seal stories on here)

However, I have taken the risk and gone external after advice on here that I needed to get the flow up for my planted tank. So far no leaks.

I looked at some external filters but forgive me if I am wrong do they hang over the glass the tubes I mean. As my hood is 5 slats so only have 2 small spaces for wires tubes etc

Yeah the inlet and outlet pipes hang over the back of tank, iv got a 5 foot tank with 2 externals and maintaining it is really easy.

westonsupermanc said:
I looked at some external filters but forgive me if I am wrong do they hang over the glass the tubes I mean. As my hood is 5 slats so only have 2 small spaces for wires tubes etc
could you not cut your hood to accomadate the inlet and outlet?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back