55 gallon tank leaking water.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phew!

I've just found this - I thought our tank had a leak at the beginning of the week, but it looks as though it ws just condensation dripping out (Thank you Sean, for that suggestion which I checked out). Yours was much worse in every respect - so glad it's sorted.

Last edited:
Yay! Keeping fingers crossed. Glad you didn't need to empty and reseal! That's a big job
So am I, I was afraid I would loose some fish but they are looking good. Just fed them and they do not seem stressed. Lowering the water messed up some of my plants. Tank needs work to make it look better but I am holding off for awhile after putting the fish though that.

I have the tank almost up to the top now and no leaks, I did not feed my tetras the last two days with this going on so I feed them live mosquito larvae twice today. they were going wild. Wish I could have filmed it. Was a little worried they would hurt each other.

I have the tank almost up to the top now and no leaks, I did not feed my tetras the last two days with this going on so I feed them live mosquito larvae twice today. they were going wild. Wish I could have filmed it. Was a little worried they would hurt each other.
Excellent news!

what kind is your tank? I have been using Aqua Culture 55 Gallon for over 3 years but I have never met this situation so I don't have any experience about this. However, I read a post and it said that you can use non toxic silicon. I don't know it works well or not but I think you could try this.

what kind is your tank? I have been using Aqua Culture 55 Gallon for over 3 years but I have never met this situation so I don't have any experience about this. However, I read a post and it said that you can use non toxic silicon. I don't know it works well or not but I think you could try this.
Hello Bela

Welcome to the forum.

We're a friendly bunch. I hope you like it here.

I ended up replacing it with a Aqueon 55 gallon I bought from Petco. The old tank is sitting in my basement. I lost one female ember tetra out of nearly 50 tetras. The old hood sit alright on the new tank .Someday I may try and repair the old tank, time will tell.

My 55 gallon tank is leaking water. It was shooting out a small stream of water along the front corner. I have drained the tank down to the point where it is leaking and it has stopped. Would appreciate any advice. I have around 50 small fish in about 6 inches of water now. Would like to know if there is a way to patch it so I can refill the tank without having to remove the fish.
Just curious not sure if this was mentioned later in the tread, but what was the brand of the aquarium, almost positive I can guess brand...

Just curious not sure if this was mentioned later in the tread, but what was the brand of the aquarium, almost positive I can guess brand...
It was a 26 year old tank I bought at Petsmart with stand and UGF . Never leaked on me in all those years but then began springing leaks. The silicon must have been getting old. I may re-silicon the whole tank one of these days and try it again but that may be years. The new Aqueon tank seems nice but my tank hoods do not fit into the opening and just sit on top but it works.

Ah 26 years is quite a long time.

I just had a bad experience with a 55 gallon tank I bought from petsmart which was topfin. Leaked after a month and luckily I had off school that day, otherwise my fish would have died. After getting the new tank, they all ended up getting ich from being crammed in a 10 gallon I had luckily they are juveniles.
Turns out that a lot of people had the same issue with topfin tanks, so I will only ever have marineland and Seapora.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back