5 gallon Fluval Spec V

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

IMG-2974.jpg
IMG-2975.jpg
IMG-2976.jpg
IMG-2977.jpg

night time, betta is no longer as shy, and is hanging out above the driftwood. Rasboras are chilling.

Keep an eye out for any aggression whatsoever. Rasbora’s can be little brats sometimes.

Forgot to mention: betta was being kept in a 20 gallon at the LFS with many other bettas, koi bettas, probably same family but still. So may be a little shy due to that.

3 lamb chop rasbora
Do already have some, or do you intend to get more? These are shoaling fish which do better in groups of at least 10.

Are they Trigonostigma espei or T. hengeli? These two fish have so many common names, and stores do mix them up. I have espe's and they tend to keep themselves to themselves. (I also have harlequins, and they are a lot more outgoing and the males sizing up to each other).

My espes had hengels on the shop tank label, once they coloured up I could tell they weren't hengels. I wanted espes though so I was quite happy.

Do already have some, or do you intend to get more? These are shoaling fish which do better in groups of at least 10.

Are they Trigonostigma espei or T. hengeli? These two fish have so many common names, and stores do mix them up. I have espe's and they tend to keep themselves to themselves. (I also have harlequins, and they are a lot more outgoing and the males sizing up to each other).
There are 3 of these at the moment. I would get more, but my parents will probably put the line at that(yes I live with my parents no I'm not under 13 thank you very much). I forgot what they were advertised as, but I do remember at the shop was a choice of lamb chop, harlequin, or hengeli rasbora. I'm also afraid of overstocking my tank. Last I checked before I left for school they were doing fine, and were chilling with the remaining boraras maculatus as well as the 1 eyed cardinal. Betta didn't eat this morning, but my brother(who's at home) is on the job, but its behaviour is normal as far as I can tell. It did eat yesterday when I introduced it to the tank. I will try to feed it bloodworms on the weekend.

Ok so, today I bought 4 "amano" shrimp. Upon closer inspection they have vertical stripes on their sides instead of horizontal ones, and are blue(they also have different head shapes than amanos). I think they are tiger shrimp, but I will have to wait for them to unstressed before I can send a photo.

Also did a major trim, and finally used the gravel vac.

Update. They are most definitely not amanos, and at least one of them is a tiger shrimp(caridina). Hurrah! This means I can breed them, get more shrimp, buy a tank, sell them, get money, breed more shrimp, breed fish, build a fish breeding empire, get rich, and go sailing!
(In my dreams lol)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back