5 gallon Fluval Spec V

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Two pieces of bad news ☹️

1. Two of my test kit test tubes smashed, so I'll have to find replacements

2. My parents are cracking down on the kimchi jars in the house(my brother keeps spiders in them), so they're trying to make me put all the fry back into the main tank

FRY!!
TANK!!

Attachments

• IMG-2672.JPG
    IMG-2672.JPG
    369.9 KB · Views: 74
well, every time I wipe the algae off the glass, it comes back in a few days. I think I'm going to return one or 2 fish to the LFS so I can get otocinclus or a nerite

Also, the male cherries are going crazy, flying all around the tank. I'm hoping this is breeding fever rather than bad water.

In my experience overactive males cruising all over the tank is definitely a sign that they are looking for a mate.

Algae could be from the duration of your photoperiod. Get a cheap wall timer from Walmart and set it up for about 6hrs and see if that slows down the algae. If you’re running the light for 8-10hrs that will speed up the algae growth quite a bit.

Well, it seems the female guppy is declining. She is slow and isn't particularly strong. she's now stuck against the filter. She was swimming normally a few days ago but now she hangs out by the filter intake. her swimming is crooked.

I will take a water test, but all other fish and tank inhabitants are acting normally.

Well, it seems the female guppy is declining. She is slow and isn't particularly strong. she's now stuck against the filter. She was swimming normally a few days ago but now she hangs out by the filter intake. her swimming is crooked.

I will take a water test, but all other fish and tank inhabitants are acting normally.
Euthanize, sorry to say...

Actually, what is concerning is the fact that shrimps are flying aoroudn the tank. It's mainly the 2 males that are probably in breeding fever, due to a female molt spotted earlier today, but it might be bad tank water. There is also 1 female flying around.

Also, test results have come back:

AMMONIA: 0ish (high sensitivity)
NITRITE: 0

Actually, what is concerning is the fact that shrimps are flying aoroudn the tank. It's mainly the 2 males that are probably in breeding fever, due to a female molt spotted earlier today, but it might be bad tank water. There is also 1 female flying around.

Also, test results have come back:

AMMONIA: 0ish (high sensitivity)
NITRITE: 0
How are you testing? Which test kit? There's either ammonia, or no ammonia, no "ish"....
Don't have time to go back and read the whole thread

How are you testing? Which test kit? There's either ammonia, or no ammonia, no "ish"....
Don't have time to go back and read the whole thread
I have api master test kit. It's basically yellow but the slightest tinge of green(green means ammonia)
I've heard that it detects even the slightest hint of ammonia in the water, which there will always be due to fish and shrimp pooping.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back