5 Gal Tank

kizno1

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Norfolk, England
i had a female betta in it but she died has anyone gt any good idears for what i could put in there
 
A male betta will do fine in a 5 gallon, or 4-6 male endlers , they're bright attractive little fish and fairly easy to care for.
 
If you can get hold of any then Galaxy Rasboros would look very nice, and they are also very small so 4-6 like the endlers should be fine in a 5 gal, but nothing more than that I'd say.
 
would a honey gourami be ok my lfs said it would but i dont trust any of the fish sizes and tank sizes
its a lot like the hexegon tank youve got Honeythorn
 
I've never kept honey gouramis, though I do know most people tend to keep them in trios. But their small size is fine for that size tank and I'd have though a single fish would do fine alone. Perhaps an Apple or Nerite snail if you felt it needed company?

I did think about getting a Honey gourami for my hex tank ( it is 5 gallons ) when Duncan has gone. It's a simple tank to run with only one fish and 50% water change once a week.

I would say 1 honey gourami would be fine in there. Just plant the tank well for hiding spots and it should be ok.
 
If you have sand then a few Pygmy Cory will keep the bottom clear.
 
honey gourami is good, couple corys, i personally have 2 black neon tetras in there aswell, only because they were left over from an old setup and I had nowhere else for them, they are doing good.. I have a filter that came with my 20 gallon on my 5 gallon
 
would you be able to have 2 gourami or would that be to many if i just had a shrimp with them or somethink
 
i would either have,

a planted dwarf puffer set up- thats 1 dwarf puffer
a male betta tank- 1 siamese fighter fish
a planted shrimp set up- 10 cherry shrimp
 
to be honest, you prolly could but they are recommended in groups of 1 or 3+, but i know i have kept two of a type of gourami before successfully, maybe see what others have to say
 
i like dwarf puffers
are they expensize?
and do they eat flakes because ive only heard people feeding the bloodworm
 
they dont like flakes, you have to feed them either live bloodworm, frozen bloodworm and then live snails as treats, not particularly expensive but extreemly agressive, only 1 for a tank that size, you will need loads of plants and caves, sand substrate and excellent filtration, they are pooper troopers
 

Most reactions

Back
Top