5 gal tank set up

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

JAYJT

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi there people
I have decided what im going to put in my new 5gal / 23 litre tank. Iā€™m looking at getting a male betta, 2 African dwarf frogs (and after reading some previous posts I think Iā€™ll be taking a magnifying glass with me as I here they some times get labelled as clawed frogs and I donā€™t want massive frogs in a years time!!!) and maybe 3 ghost shrimp.

Does this sound like a good set up are they all compatible? I have kept ghost shrimp b4 In my community aquarium and they were ok they got quite big though and died of old age I guess as I had them for quite a while.

Any thoughts or tips for this set up would be greatly appreciated , Also Iā€™d like to add I have been keeping tropical fish for about 4 years now and wished id found this site b4 as it is very informative and good to hear from like minded fish lovers! Keep up the good work!

Frogs, lizards (that small aquatic animal. Don't remember the name in english.) and fishes don't belong to the same tank.

Tons of people keep ADF's with bettas. Just be aware that bettas are very individual fish and, while some live very happily with a froggie tankmate, others are completely intolerant of any tankmates at all. The same goes for the shrimp; some bettas would kill them, while others wouldn't seem to even notice them there.

I don't know diddly about aquatic frogs :sick:

Ghost shrimp are awesome, but they never lasted long around my bettas :/

Last time I put ghost shrimp in with my Betta he snapped one in half and swam up to the surface with one half in his mouth as if to say 'this is what I think of your stinkin shrimp!'

Be warned!

Ken

LOL Ken

I put one in with my big red male about 8 months ago...within minutes he was hiding behind the plant sucking on the shrimp, I guess he swallowed it whole, only the tail was peeking out from his mouth :kira: :rolleyes:

I had a ton of ghosties in my community while another betta lived in there, they slowly depleted until I removed Mr.Betta, then I had a ghost shrimp population explosion :thumbs: , I guess he always ate the babies as fast as they were born :rolleyes:

AquaNut said:
Tons of people keep ADF's with bettas. Just be aware that bettas are very individual fish and, while some live very happily with a froggie tankmate, others are completely intolerant of any tankmates at all. The same goes for the shrimp; some bettas would kill them, while others wouldn't seem to even notice them there.
Hi JAYJT :)

AquaNut is right! :nod:

But, actually, the same can be said for all fish. You never know when you will run into an individual who wants to do things his own way. This is why, if you are a diligent fishkeeper, you will catch problems just as they are beginning and resolve them before they get out of hand.

I'm glad you like the forum and hope you stay to help others. :thumbs: (Not to mention the fun it is!!!)

______
Wuv & MrV, Click on the link in my signature and you will get to a thread with links to a lot of good information on aquatic frogs. They are cute and a lot of people are quite excited about them.

:no: Noooo way Inchworm :no:

Frogs are toooo creepy. They're the only living creature that actually gives me the heeby jeebies :lol: :*) so I'm sure the thread is helpful but honestly...I have no need for knowledge about them :kira: :lol:

mrV said:
Frogs, lizards (that small aquatic animal. Don't remember the name in english.) and fishes don't belong to the same tank.
You mean salamanders?

wuvmybetta said:
:no: Noooo way Inchworm :no:

Frogs are toooo creepy. They're the only living creature that actually gives me the heeby jeebies :lol: :*) so I'm sure the thread is helpful but honestly...I have no need for knowledge about them :kira: :lol:
Hi wuv :)

It's too bad you feel that way about frogs. They really are great little guys! :nod:

But, I understand how you feel. There are some people who just can't handle the thought of them. :sick: :eek: :X You are certainly not alone with this!!!!! I would never have gotten them by myself, but a friend of mind did, and that's how I got comfortable with them. :D

:D Thanks people for the remarks and thoughts on the matter :D
;) And yeah inchworm ill be hanging about on here its cool! :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back