46 gal Planted Tank Stocking.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sadness child

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 46 gal Bowfront tank, I was going to make a sort of cliff scape. It will have Anubias, Java Fern, and Java Moss. In trems of fish I was going to have 6 Cory Cats, 1 Bristlenose Pleco, a pair of Bolivian Rams, some sort of schooling fish, and a Dwarf Gourami if I have the space.

I have a 46 gal Bowfront tank, I was going to make a sort of cliff scape. It will have Anubias, Java Fern, and Java Moss. In trems of fish I was going to have 6 Cory Cats, 1 Bristlenose Pleco, a pair of Bolivian Rams, some sort of schooling fish, and a Dwarf Gourami if I have the space.
Hi! Do you know your water hardness? I wouldn't recommend the pleco and gourami if you are going to get a bonded bolivian ram pair.

I have about 7.0-8.0 depending. I have had the Pleco and Bolivian ram female for a while, I just need to get a male and hope for the best.

Would skip the dwarf gourami. Stick with your rams

Ok Thank You, do you have any advice for what type of schooling fish I should keep with them?

Any of the small tetras would be great. I keep black neons in my 46 bowfront and theyre a really good one for the space

I currently have 7 Black neon and 7 neons, and I find that the Neons school together better, but I really want to have a cheap uncommon schooling fish, like the Bloodfin or Silvertip.

I wouldn't add a 3rd schooler to the 46, but thats just me.
But if you are planning on just one schooler, I think either of those tetra options should be just fine in the 46

I know I wanted just 1 schooling fish, but I wanted something that people don't normally see in a tank

Anyone have any recommendations for a schooling fish that people do not see very often?

You should get some brilliant Rasboras and loaches of some sort. Maybe also some hatchetfish.

You should get some brilliant Rasboras and loaches of some sort. Maybe also some hatchetfish.

I have 6 hatchet fish I am keeping for the top of the tank, and I don't want the loaches to compete with my Cory Cats.

I have never kept rasboras so it will be new for me same with rainbow fish, but I think I probably will chose a fish with contrasting colors to the other fish and the scape. The scape as I said before is a cliff so it will be brown/tan rock with some space plants, and natural colored sand. I don't know about you guys, but yellow seems like a very nice color to go with the scape.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back