40g breeder plans...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It says that if you keep them in numbers of 6-8 (I'll be doing 11) that they won't be much of an issue with fin nipping... But maybe I'll think about a different fish. I really like those guys though. They were perfect in the way they schooled and looked. They were not too colorful and had nice big scales. I also love the way they somewhat tightly school... Any other fish that can compare in some way? (I REALLY want a tight schooling fish to go with the pseudomugil)

You need to always read the "fine print." Larger groups do dispel aggression to some extent, depending upon species, the group size, and tank size which all factor in to how aggressive any fish/species will be. But this is as SF says a "robust" tetra, and it will intimidate sedate fish. Thus, on several points, it is not suitable for what you are planning.

You need to always read the "fine print." Larger groups do dispel aggression to some extent, depending upon species, the group size, and tank size which all factor in to how aggressive any fish/species will be. But this is as SF says a "robust" tetra, and it will intimidate sedate fish. Thus, on several points, it is not suitable for what you are planning.
Yah I decided not to have them sadly...
I'm sure there are plenty of other options though!

If it tetras you are interested in, most are very peaceful, non-aggressive, and do very well in community setups

There's many to consider with your setup, though I still vote for the rummys

Have a look at (common names ahead): pristellas, cardinals, green (false) neons, all of the phantoms (red, yellow, black), black neons, emperors, Von Rios (flame tetra), head & taillight, glolights, and penguins, just to name a few

Cherry barbs would be a different species to consider, that would do well for you...the males are the standouts for coloration, but the females are just as nice looking, IMO

Ι love pristellas!!! 😍 And they're not really colorful so you might like them lol;)
They just don't school as well as I hoped they would from videos I've seen. Also they do seem a bit too dull in color... At least with the red eyes, they were a bit more bold in coloration... See, I don't like A LOT of color, but I do want SOME color.
I love the neon and ember tetras I have
They are come really cool fish, but in this tank I'm going for more of an uncommon feel. Neon and ember tetras are seen in like every tank lol. They are VERY common. I want something that isn't seen much. Not a extremely rare fish, just something that isn't like the angel fish, neon tetra, guppy, molly, betta. They all are seen too much and I kinda want something that isn't SUPER common.

(I know I know, I'm just really picky when it comes to picking a fish that will be with me for a bit lol.)
And remember! I plan to get the schooling fish last, so I'm not stressing about picking one out really lol. Maybe after a few trips to the pet store and a bit more research I will find the one. As of now I'm not too concerned. I have other fish picked out that will be going in before them. Like the corydoras and luminatus.

Does this sound good for the first plants in the tank?

3x huge anubias plants
6x Amazon swords
3x red tiger lotus
10x jungle vals
(Later on I'll add floater plants)

Its gonna be kinda bare until the plants fill in.
I know. It will be kinda bare but I'll be doing some fast growing stuff so hopefully it will fill in semi quickly. Plus I am buying root tabs.

Here is the anubias listing I'm buying from:

Just look at the photos from customers and the listing itself!! Can't beat the price either. Looks epic

I know. It will be kinda bare but I'll be doing some fast growing stuff so hopefully it will fill in semi quickly. Plus I am buying root tabs.

Here is the anubias listing I'm buying from:

Just look at the photos from customers and the listing itself!! Can't beat the price either. Looks epic
Wow those plants are big.

I want some advice on how to go about buying plants and how to plant them?
Should I buy what I said I would buy and stick with that? Or should I do smaller amounts of each plant and get other types of plants as well? If so, what other plants should I buy?

With the amazon swords, am I able to cut the roots and then just wiggle them into the substrate and then they will regrow their roots?? I feel like it will be really hard to plant them with long roots... Unless I plant them before filling the tank. I could definitely attempt that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back