40g breeder plans...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Says my stocking level is 82%... I feel like that's a low reading for the amount of fish actually in there but idk
AA tends to be a bit conservative, IMO, so you aren't even close to being overstocked

AA tends to be a bit conservative, IMO, so you aren't even close to being overstocked
You mean thats not a lot?? Just seems like it would be really crowded... I'm really conservative lol. Sometimes I see my gudgeons in the 20g and think: "Wow they don't have a lot of space". I'm always wanting the things I care for to have more of something😅

I would only keep one schooling species. That way you can have larger numbers and the fish will show their character more.
Or, sense I apparently would have a lot of room and can add more, why not just add more onto each group! 😀

You could... the Spotted Blue-eye are very shy. They could be out-competed for food.
Just add more onto them I suppose 😉😅

But that is good to know! I will just have to spread out the food a lot so everyone gets a good amount!

You mean thats not a lot?? Just seems like it would be really crowded... I'm really conservative lol. Sometimes I see my gudgeons in the 20g and think: "Wow they don't have a lot of space". I'm always wanting the things I care for to have more of something😅
At one time, AA indicated my 40B was stocked at around 160%...pffffttt...I like lots of fish, and they did just fine

At one time, AA indicated my 40B was stocked at around 160%...pffffttt...I like lots of fish, and they did just fine
Wow... Yah that's crazy. Lol. What was it all stocked with?

Wow that's a lot of fish... That is 60-70 on a 40g... I personally could never do that but that is really cool you were able to!

Wow that's a lot of fish... That is 60-70 on a 40g... I personally could never do that but that is really cool you were able to!
Got close to 100, at one point...small fish, but still...lol

Alright so new plan for stocking this tank...

Peacock gudgeons: 5

Corydoras Sterbai: 12-15

Pseudomugil luminatus: 11

Red eye tetra: 11

I'm really loving this idea... And it seems somewhat more affordable 😅

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back