40 gallon pearl gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dyl123

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Would a pearl gourami be fine with a small shoal of Buenos Aires tetra in a 40 gallon breeder?

Short answer, no. The Buenos Aires Tetra needs a group of 8 (or more, but 8 minimum) and this is going to fill most of the space. Plus, it has a reputation to fin nip sedate fish (gourami are sedate fish). Even if no physical aggression occurred, the BA are still sending out chemical signals (allomones) read by the gourami and this will stress the fish.

I agree not with the BA tetras, if you were to chose a different tetra or other schooling fish get a trio of pearl gourami because they are a more social fish and like to be in groups.

Yes, just try and get a male and 2 females, they are peaceful but sometimes the males can bicker a little.
Ok thanks, also if I stick with the BA tetras is there any medium sized fish I could keep in the tank around 5 inches maybe?

Ok thanks, also if I stick with the BA tetras is there any medium sized fish I could keep in the tank around 5 inches maybe?
Pearl gouramis are smaller than 5 inches and canot be kept with them in that size tank, so no,

Instead of pearl gouramis
It would be overstocked, if it is over stocked with the Pearl's it would be even more with something bigger

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back