4 angels in 29 gallon

angel_lover

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi everyone!!!my friend just set up a 29 gallon and wanted to take some of my angels...she wanted 4..do you think that is too many??? :/

Yea, you could add 2 but not 4.

Edit: I should say that this is JMO.

really???even if she has nothing else in the tank??now i have to try to explain to her why i wont give her 4 fish...this should be fun -_-

I edited on you while you were posting.

I've heard of people doing it so maybe you want to see what others say and go with that. I'm a little more strict with my tank space than most.

ok well i guess what i could do is give them to her and if any problems occur i could always take 1 or 2 back...but maybe i could talk her into taking 3.....thanks smb

p.s if anyone has any more input it would be much appreciated...thanks :)

Hi angel lover :)

I definitely wouldn't put more than two angels in a 29 gallon tank, even if they're the only fish in there. As you know, angels can get pretty big. Like you said, however, you could always take one or two back from her (like she'll wanna part with them! :lol:).

I don't know diddly about angels but I had to chime in :D

I don't think I could give any of my fish away :rolleyes: , my niece tried to take a betta the other day and I just couldn't do it, 1st of all...I would worry about him & second ...how do you choose who to part with? :huh:

Tell your friend to go buy her own :lol: , that way you won't want to claw her eyes out if they get sick or something crazy like that ;)

i know what you guys are saying but if i dont get rid of them i dont think they will spawn successfully again :( ....because i dont have any room in my other tanks for them but we talked about it and she said that she would either give them back to me later or she would buy herself a bigger tank...i figured this way i am at least giving them to someone who is a good friend and lives a few doors down so i can see them and make sure she is taking good care of them....i dont know im sketchy but ill guess ill just have to wait and see :look:

i have 7...im going to keep one and put it in my 20 gallon because it is smaller than all the others and i almost lost him a few times so id like to keep him to make sures hes ok :)

Right now I have 9 Angels of different sizes in a 30g. I know alot of folks think its too much. And they are right. I have another 30g that I'm keeping my Jack Dempsey in temporarily and once I move him to one of the 55's, I plan to move some of the Angels into it. Most of my angels are still less than 2" so they are too crowded, YET!

I have a couple of angels in a 32g, and I'm tempted to say even that's a bit too small for them. Four angels in a tank that size? No way. If I ever get angels again I won't put them in anything smaller than 55g. JMO though.

yep i agree,she has 2 now and i think thatll be it...because i have 2 in a 55 and they used to be in a 20 but they got too big for it

yea, i had 3 angel fry from a friend of mine grow up in my 20 gallon
one of them grew much fast than the other two and soon grew too big for the tank
i had to part with my angel! I have a friend who just got a new 55 and knows a lot about fish. This is where my 2 last angels are going when the outgrow the 20

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back