£4.70..... Each!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

BadBadger

Fishaholic
Reaction score
For rummynose tetra at one of the LFS! Was shocked. Obviously didn't buy.

I asked him why so much and he said because they were imported or something along them lines. Baffled me a bit

Pointless post really

Let me guess - Maiden Head at Beverley? :p £17 for a 1 inch geo hybrid from an asian farm and £35 for a 0.5 inch flash plec?

I like the staff there and their dry goods are decent prices and plants are often good when they are in stock but Ive not seen a fish that has got me truly excited in a long time the only thing that springs to mind are the slender lemon tetras they have got in because they are an Iguan...... something species and quite rare. But other than that :/

No mate. It was the little shop where you got the sev.

But yeah I agree with you on maidenheads. Awesome dry goods but no exciting stock apart from a fahaka which was overpriced. I only go in as its near ings lane

:crazy: Jeez, thats expensive! They not even wild caught? Even then its ridiculously overpriced!

James.

jees bit unusual Ive not been there in a while I mainly go out of town for fish now

Rummynoses are worth just under a pound each from wholesalers!
Terrible rip off.
Like the time I saw a Glass CAtfish selling for £8 each!!! :X

In a recent stop at one of my local shops in the US I was rather shocked by some sharply upward prices on various rather plain fish where I'd remembered previous prices. WD

He started saying something about thailand, which really baffled me :crazy:
Not really worth having a look to be honest wills. Nothing new apart from £5 tetra haha no wonder hes not doing well!
£8 for a glass catfish :no:

the fluctuations I've found in prices since I've started keeping fish as been quite interesting. Seem to go up and down almost constantly.

I'm fortunate to live near at least 7 LFS, 5 of them are the same chain and even between those you can see price differences of up to x2 on seemingly identical stock.

the fluctuations I've found in prices since I've started keeping fish as been quite interesting. Seem to go up and down almost constantly.

I'm fortunate to live near at least 7 LFS, 5 of them are the same chain and even between those you can see price differences of up to x2 on seemingly identical stock.

Generally the reason they fluctuate so much is because of aviation fuel because most of the fish come from thailand where they are farmed and obviously they fly a long way. When the volcano prevented flights in the UK a while back the shop i work at had to buy from stocks already in the country and the suppliers knowing about the lack of supply charged double and we had to pay and obviously the prices have to be passed onto the consumer.

Most reactions

Back