:(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

loraxchick

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Come home from work to find my old man laying sideways on the sand. He's got dropsy bad! Was acting and looked normal this morning. I don't expect him to make it thru the night. Put some epsom salt in the tank but I'm noy hoprful at all:( all I can say is it progressed very quickly. Poor thing. He is pushing 3.5 yrs old and I've had him since he was about 2 cm big. Rescued him from the pet store because he was so tiny he coulnt eat the pellets in his cup. Trained him to eat dry food using a chopstick ( would/ could eat nothing but bloodworms for a while...too tiny ) He's been a good fish. Total maniac but gentle with his tankmates. Sorry pal. Wish I could do more:(

Hope everyone else' s babies are ok.
cheers

You gave him a good life and if it wasn't for you he would have gone long ago....So sorry you lost him :sad:

I'm so sorry he's sick. That's just the worst feeling, watching them get sicker and knowing you can't help.

As suspected he didn't make it. He will be buried in my flower garden with the rest of my boys that have passed. A little sad to see him go but had him for a long time and he lived a good life. Also I'm fairly certain he didn't suffer as it was very rapid progression.
well, we all know what this means, right? Time to find another fish in need of a good home. I generally look for very tiny ones that I honestly don't even know what sex they are yet. My newest boy is turning out to be pretty spectacular as he grows. Tiny when I got him. Not even really colored yet( kinda just a grey/ brown) and stressy which made me think he was a she. I've gotta start posting pics lol. He now looks like a rainbow! Sapphire blue with green fins and an mg tail. Think a bit of pineapple too. Handsome he is turning out to be.
anyway, ill keep you posted on who I find to bring home and fill the now empty tank. Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
Cheers!

He coulda been anything to be honest. He's turning uot to be a vt but with amazing coloration. Goes to show, don't pass up the small, drab looking ones. I've never seen a vt like him. Ill try and get some shots of him. In a round tank so they always look distorted. Ill keep my eye out for a suitable holding container for picture taking.

Really sorry for your loss, but sounds like he had a good life with you. I hope that you find a new little guy to rescue soon. You really will have to get some photos on here! :D

Sorry for your loss Loraxchick, as said at least it was quick, you gave him the best life possible :good: and i'm sure the new little one will live just as long

Sorry for your loss :( I hope you find a lovely new fish in need of a good home.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back