30gallon tank stocking ideas

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Slinkymalinky

Reaction score
so Iā€™ve upgraded to a 100gallon and transferred my community from the 30gallon to the 100gallon .... mainly because my 3 Bala sharks are 6 inches now and my 4 gourami are 3-4 inches, few rainbows and a bristlenose plecostomus.
I want to restock my 30 gallon but I donā€™t know what to do.... I was thinking of a schooling tank of small fish. I do have one Angel who is still in the 30gallon with a few mollies.. mollies can move over but the angel Iā€™m not so sure he would cope with being the only one of his species (I did have 4 but they wouldnā€™t eat so heā€™s the only one left and eats like a pig now heā€™s got his territory). Would he play nice with smaller fish if I left him where he is. He isnā€™t very big yet, couple of inches including his fins so itā€™s now or never. He gets on fine with the mollies but I want something interesting in there, some tank mates for him that have a bit of pop or do I move him and just have the small schooling fish. Nervous about moving him to the 100gallon now heā€™s eating well. Got some dwarf frogs in both tanks too.

It will help us if you can post the dimensions of the 30 gallon tank. And the GH and pH of your source water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back