30 Gallon Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

drobbyb

Bowhead
Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend that I'm a great scape artist, but I would like some feedback so that I can become a better one :D Have a look at my hardscape and please make suggestions. I want this tank to look great.

DSCN1840.jpg

I'm sure you have this in mind, but how about spacing them in a way that gravel vacuuming would not become a pain after the tank is up and running. Just a thought... :)

Any chance of a full tank shot? We will be able to advise more on the stone layout.

Here's a full tank shot from the front:

DSCN1841.jpg

The gravel in this tank won't need vacuuming since it's going to be heavily planted. The rocks are that close together on purpose.

My opinion would be to move your main rock over to the right a little, and then spread the others out a little too, not much, but a little bit, so they cover slightly more of the substrate if you see what I mean?#

My opinion... I still don't fully understand iwagumi tanks so :dunno: if that's what you should actually do...!

hey Robby, if you're going 'full' iwagumi you might want to look for larger rocks and space them out accordingly. You may also want to bank the substrate from back (high bank) to small at the front. Personally, i would always go with odd numbers of rocks. You will need a 'main' rock as well. One that you can use as a focal point. This rock will normally sit within the golden rule of .3 or a third in your tank.

also have a read of this http://www.aquajournal.net/na/iwagumi/introduction.html

now, if you are going to use some wood and are not going for an Iwagumi, then the possibilities are quite endless.

It is sloped a little :D

DSCN1852.jpg

But I need more substrate if I want to do any more. I only had 50 pounds and in a 30 gallon, it doesn't go far.

There are actually 11 stones in there, but since they are all of the same mineral the two on the left blend together. I actually have 2 interesting rocks I found. I haven't put them in the tank with the rest (or cleaned them yet) because they didn't match my other rocks, but they are really nice.

DSCN1853.jpg

Thanks for the advice! Please keep it coming.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back