30 Gal Tank What Fish Can I Put In It?

piranha_tim

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi ,

I have upgraded my tank ...

I am looking for a fish that

1. Is Fresh Water
2. Can live well in a 30 Gal Tank
3. If possible would eat Shrimp, Mussells and Squid Defrosted from the freezer.
4. Not really a fan of small 1 inch fish prefer them atleast 5"+

Anyone recommend any?

I wanted an oscar but understand the tank is too small.

Any ideas?
 
You know there is just too many to pick from ... A small eel maybe I would have to see what the requirements of that fish are.
 
My 30G stocking is in my sig. Fine white coral substrate and Bog wood. I think it looks really good.
 
Do your tiger barbs nip at your gouramis?
 
My 30G stocking is in my sig. Fine white coral substrate and Bog wood. I think it looks really good.

Is it just me or is 20 Tiger Barbs and 3 Gourami's waaayyyyy over stocking a 30g tank? I may beee waaayyyy off, but it seems like it to me.
 
Well, according to your profile:

30G- 1 Angel, 4 Mollies, 5 Black Widow Tetra's, 1 Baby Blood Parrot, 9 Guppies, 2 Zebra Danio's, 4 platy's, a few random baby black convict's

Here's my book: if it works, it works.
 
Yeah, that was temporary, i enver updated that. Now i have :
2 angels
7 mollies
4 plaries
1 swordtail
1 Cockatoo Apistogramma
 
Still overstocked. :P

If it works, it works however.

What are plaries though? I'd love to get my hands on some. :P
 
I'd agree with Alex. It may take more care and maintenance, but "overstocked" is a fuzzy question sometimes, and I usually bow to the tank owner's feelings unless it's just plain outrageous. I read Blade118's stocking thread a ways down, and my immediate reaction was "Holy crap that's overstocked," but the more experienced opinions were more about the RTBS rather than the number of fish.

Until a couple weeks ago, I had a 29 gallon tank that was similarly stocked to yours by accident, but still worked out. It was pushing it to start with, but when I moved the fish out and took the tank down, I discovered my kuhli loaches, long assumed dead and replaced with corys, were all still alive.
 
I wasnt aware that it was over stocked. I knew i was pushing it, but now i feel terrible.
Why should you feel terrible? There's nothing wrong with overstocking if you do it within a certain limit and take care of the tank. You should be fine.
 
now i feel terrible.

Well your insides are ripping apart :D


My 30G stocking is in my sig. Fine white coral substrate and Bog wood. I think it looks really good.

Is it just me or is 20 Tiger Barbs and 3 Gourami's waaayyyyy over stocking a 30g tank? I may beee waaayyyy off, but it seems like it to me.

Water stats are perfect.
Regular maintainence.
Fish have lots of energy eat well and no deaths.

I'm happy that the fish are happy.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top