3 New Tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LiamGoodaire

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Today we purchased 3, yes 3 new tanks for a mere 30 pound!! Wait for the rest, one is 4' x 1' x 1'6" the others are about of similar size to each other which is about 18" x 12" x 12" nothing special but for the money who can complain! Obviously the priority tank is the 4ft one which was going for 30 but when we arrived to collect the other 2 were offered as they just wanted rid! However there weren't all that clean so require a good clean which will be done this weekend.
Anyway except from advertising my fortunate bargain I was wondering if anyone could advise me on a few issues.
1st of all what volume is the tank roughly as I'm on my mobile and can't seem to get on a decent site to work out the volume?
Then what filter/heater would you guys recommend for a tank this size?
And finally for the time being, any fish you guys would recommend for the 4ft tank of a decent size or breed which are attractive? I mean I love fish such as cichlids oscars sharks etc. Just looking for a little advice from you guys with the experience

Cheers, Goodaire

Amazing bargain!

I know it was advertised at "330" so I just naturally believed it was £330 however I rang up out of curiosity and soon as she said £30 I was on my way haha, it must be my lucky day, just bought a scratch card as I put lottery on, won £25 bring on the millions!!

Cheers, Goodaire

i would get an external filter best priced ones are from all pond solutions on ebay i know a few ppl on here have those and say there very good as for the heater i would go for a 300w hydor external heater then theres nothing in the tank so you've got more space

the tank is about 45 us gallons so not really big enough for oscars and sharks but big enough for fish like angel fish, laetacara and apistogramma or other smaller cichlids

i would get an external filter best priced ones are from all pond solutions on ebay i know a few ppl on here have those and say there very good as for the heater i would go for a 300w hydor external heater then theres nothing in the tank so you've got more space

the tank is about 45 us gallons so not really big enough for oscars and sharks but big enough for fish like angel fish, laetacara and apistogramma or other smaller cichlids

ok thanks, tbh I thought oscars were definitely out of the equation was just explaining, angels sound good however we have some in another tank with a few fish, will look into the equipment you advised though as well as think about the fish

Cheers, Goodaire

Bought an external filter from the LFS not sire of the model but came recommended and previously used from the stores tanks, was from an ex display tank which they have replaced so got it pretty cheap (still in luck ha) also got a heater, the rank was thoroughly cleaned last night and now has gravel in (also bought from LFS) so its now filled and heating up to temp gonna test tomorrow then maybe do a fish in cycle gradually seeing as though the filter isn't new, it was however only a small tank so safer to cycle it gradually I should think. Any stocking suggestions pleaee?

Oh and the smaller tanks are around 10G and I'd like maybe a simple buffer setup if possible? Also if possible could I fit 2 dwarf puffers? :(I believe these are the only option) I've heard there very messy how could that be minimised? Any algae eaters which are compatable? Finally I believe they have a fussy diet what diet is advised?

Sorry a lot of questions to be answered I know I don't expect all the answers to just roll in bit please advise and help where possible.

P.s the 10G is a future project after the 4ft tank

Cheers, Goodaire

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back