3 New Killies....help Me!

Holly001

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Ok...now I know most killie fish are pretty easy keepers and I have done some research on golden wonders (I have 3 now) but I am needing some pointers or advice...like what do I feed them, what size tank do they need. Parameters etc etc etc.
The story is, I have had fish for a while now (my oscars are four years now and a couple other successful planted tanks) but I am by no means an expert...I wing it for most part. My friend got rid of her tank and was going to flush her three healthy killie fish but I said no and I took them off her hands. I had a five gallon tank with two ghost shrimp in it (previous fish were two young lyretail mollies that died :rip: ) so I put these three guys in it. They have been there for three days now and are doing well....but like I said I dont know ANYTHING about killie fish. HELP please!!! I have been feeding them plain old tetra flakes and they are doing well. Nitrates and nitrites are 0, pH is 7.0 and the tank temp is 78 and like I said it is a five gallon with three sword plants and two ghost shrimp buddies.

I should add that the lyretail mollies died about four or five weeks ago and there was no disease (mystery death). I am not worried about the killie fish catching anything but for reference I believe that they are golden wonder killie fish.

Thanks so much....I have been looking everywhere for info.
I have been feeding them with freeze dried tubifex worms and tetramin tropical mix rich mix flakes. They are as much fun to watch as my oscars when they eat....little hunters haha! And it looks like I have two males and one female and she is larger then the boys. The males are very brightly coloured and approx 2 cm to 2.5 cm long and the female is very dully coloured and she is about 3 cm long.
Thanks again for the info page.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back