3 Guppies And A Rasbora Died At Once...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sairy30

Reaction score
I have a 29 gallon tank that has been doing really well for months, last week it started getting somewhat cloudy, did a partial water change and it was fine for a few days but started getting greenish/cloudy again relatively quickly. During this time I noticed the rasbora had a sore on his tail and I thought he had been injured during the water change somehow. Last night he died, and today when I checked on the tank, three fancy guppies except for one have died in a 6 hour period. :(. I still have one female guppy, 1 rasbora a bleeding heart tetra, a rainbow tetra, and a (not sure) white finny tetra, a betta, a catfish, and a bristle nose plecostomos and five neons. So far everyone looks ok, but the neons look distressed Any ideas to what might have caused a sudden death? I am very sad, three of them were babies I raised this year. Thanks in advance for any insight.

im guesing u didnt cycle the tank and the sore is fin rot there is a part of the fish forum that will explain what the nitrogen cycle is

ok I will look for that part. I feel bad, I a 50% water change so I assumed that there was still enough good bacteria. I have one guppy left and she looks like she is going to go too :(. The rest of the guys so far, look ok.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back