3 deceased fish out of the blue

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Buffy1977

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
Hey guys, Iā€™m gutted today to have lost 2 redlines, Iā€™ve had for over 3 years and a smaller fish I inherited a couple of years ago (but have no idea what it was). Water parameters all fine. Temp and filter all ok. The only thing thatā€™s changed in the last few days is food. I feed a variety of the Fluval bug bites food. I thought Iā€™d ordered more bottom feeder, but managed to order pleco formula (same colour). I decided to keep, as I do have a few plecs and catfish, and feed alongside the other two types I use. The pellets are pretty big. Could this have caused issues if my greedy redlines decided to eat? Just so weird to lose 2 of them the same day ā˜¹ļø They were lovely and about 5ā€. My last redline didnā€™t eat when I fed today, and is showing different behaviour in its swimming (up and down in a corner). All other tank mates currently look fine.

Food should not have caused the problem unless it was off and then most or all the fish that ate it would have issues.

Can you post pictures and video of the fish that is swimming unusually?
If you use a mobile phone, hold the phone horizontally so the image/ footage fills the entire screen.

You can upload videos to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here.

-------------------------
Have you added anything to the tank in the 2 weeks before this happened?

Did you do a water change or anything the day before this happened?

How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?

How often do you clean the filter and how do you clean it?

We need more data so that the members expert in disease issues can offer suggestions. The change in food is not at all the likely issue. Provide the tank size (dimensions and volume) and water parameters (these are GH, pH and temperature), and the results of tests (if these can be done) for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. And just which species is a "redline?" I've known this name used for a species of tetra, rasbora and barb.

Most reactions

trending

Back