42EE5DA7-4BD9-4DBA-B773-549BE24EB1A6.jpeg

66084319-2449-46E7-B899-1527A71BF6E2.jpeg

BOOM!
AACBC4F6-CAB3-4D12-9649-2CDE7E39748E.jpeg

D5C55C62-58DC-418C-8EBB-AD4BF9FC3FAD.jpeg

77FC10CB-C70B-4603-9B8C-F1A93AA5771A.jpeg

Shrimp is hanging with the shroom ;Hilarious
612D229F-AF27-4F76-B059-ACD009403B89.jpeg

Just had to get these pictures of the Arctic ice behold the water level was low :p
C098488D-62A9-4EBE-9F4C-D1379015B77E.jpeg

C6F9AE64-FF31-4A0E-B29D-6511F7BADAAA.jpeg

——

Obviously still some pieces left... I will get doing a more precise siphon after my bucket fills up with RO water.

Ended up taking about 5g of water out.

I am now going to give the glass a good scrub, along with the heater.

Hehe, ok, well.... I got a fish. It’s an Orangespot Goby:
09E8CA9A-0A76-4BBC-ABF3-ACA928477E35.jpeg

73F0BB78-95E6-46CD-B3E4-3F0524EBFB55.jpeg

It just looked so lonely in that tank all by itself...

I did get a 10% discount however, because I helped one of the workers carry in this massive 55 (guessing) gallon bow front! That was super nice of her. :D

That brought my total out to only $18 - a pretty dang good steal for an orangespot...

Tank looks good but sorry to say it will back and normally very quickly. The tank is out of balance, you need a decent test kit rather than the API one. They are know to give false results. Get the po4 test ASAP. You need a balance between the po4 and no3. As it is a bacteria rather than an algae you need to get some bacteria in there to out compete it.

you need a decent test kit rather than the API one
I am aware of this. I plan to get Hanna test kits for alkalinity, calcium, phosphate, nitrate, and salinity/temperature.

He went in hiding... BUT!

FOUND EM’!
9CC7FD10-9BC3-4281-A750-34FB499F739F.jpeg

This little dude is super cute. I can’t wait until he becomes comfortable enough to get out in the open!!

He went in hiding... BUT!

FOUND EM’!
9CC7FD10-9BC3-4281-A750-34FB499F739F.jpeg

This little dude is super cute. I can’t wait until he becomes comfortable enough to get out in the open!!
HE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely adorable, I’m pretty sure he is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen

HE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. Absolutely adorable, I’m pretty sure he is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen
Thanks!!

I'm watching the goby right now, and I'm SO happy I bought him!

He is so dang cute, MIGHT be cuter than the clowns... :oops:

Right now he is out in the open, bobbing up and down with his mouth open. I assume he is trying to collect food? :lol:

The shrimp is also out! Everyone loves the moonlight!

----

I'll get some good pictures tomorrow. ;)

I am aware of this. I plan to get Hanna test kits for alkalinity, calcium, phosphate, nitrate, and salinity/temperature.
Why?
You already have a good hydrometer for salinity.
You have a good thermometer for temperature.
Alkalinity is KH and that is unlikely to change much due to the limestone and soft corals.
Calcium is used by hard stony corals and is an issue if you have lots of fast growing corals (Acropora species). However, you don't have much in the way of hard corals yet so a calcium test kit is not required at this stage.
Phosphate and nitrates maybe but aren't you using reverse osmosis water?
If yes, you shouldn't have much if any phosphate in the water.

Red algae appears in some new tanks and after a few months it goes. Just remove it when it appears and let the tank settle down.

If you can find some Caulerpa and Halimeda (macro algae), add that to the tank to help keep nutrients down. Ask the shop to order some in but make sure it isn't pale nd soft because that is dead and dying.

--------------------
Your goby looks like it has make up on (eye liner, etc) :)

You already have a good hydrometer for salinity.
The hydrometer isn’t near as accurate as this one will be. Every single time I want to test the salinity, I have to knock all of the little bubbles off of the marker and make sure it goes to the correct thing.

My thermometer is a super trashy one I got for $3. It gives me a rough estimate, but I would rather have immediate results.

Calcium is used by hard stony corals and is an issue if you have lots of fast growing corals (Acropora species). However, you don't have much in the way of hard corals yet so a calcium test kit is not required at this stage.
But I want to get hard corals, that’s why I need this test kit. (I want to try my luck at a hammer after I get my parameters sorted out)

Nitrates because the API kit is absolutely trash for things like this. Color match is useless, especially if you want accurate results.

Phosphate
I can still have nitrates and phosphates in the water, even if I’m using RO water.

If you can find some Caulerpa and Halimeda (macro algae), add that to the tank to help keep nutrients down. Ask the shop to order some in but make sure it isn't pale nd soft because that is dead and dying.
I considered making a refugium - that might be on my bucket list for this tank.

Alkalinity is KH and that is unlikely to change much due to the limestone and soft corals.
Ah, but I still need to know the levels.

Your goby looks like it has make up on (eye liner, etc) :)
I know right? He’s so adorable. :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back