29g Saltwater Nano Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
hi

it's not red algae, its cynobacteria you need to have balance in the tank to rid this. you need to be showing some po4 and nirates. you also need more water movement.

the goby is a lovely fish, but it gets most of its food from sifting through the sand and getting small critters from in there. your tank is not mature enough to support this fish and unless you can get it eating "normall fishfood" it will fade away.

Have you added things like copepods? these little critters will get into the sand when smaller and be food for the goby.

hi

it's not red algae, its cynobacteria you need to have balance in the tank to rid this. you need to be showing some po4 and nirates. you also need more water movement.

the goby is a lovely fish, but it gets most of its food from sifting through the sand and getting small critters from in there. your tank is not mature enough to support this fish and unless you can get it eating "normall fishfood" it will fade away.

Have you added things like copepods? these little critters will get into the sand when smaller and be food for the goby.
Diamond Gobies (this one is an Orangespot) will eat anything from pellets to Mysis.

He has been content eating the pellets from this morning and last night. I plan to feed mysis tonight, which he will readily eat.

I’m aware of this... that’s why I order the 2x powerheads. One to add to the tank and one to use for mixing my salt.

No, I haven't. I’m considering making a DIY refugium.

Goby is looking great!
Thanks!

Calcium Test kit is on its way!!
76BB32F2-575F-4AEE-A3E2-F69A776B8B06.png

Woah, this is cool. What are those spiky things that you put in at the beginning?

Got em’!
F8EAD17E-8E0E-4E8A-97B0-9047C01F9089.jpeg

It’s absolutely MASSIVE.

Once it acclimates, it’s going next to its ‘brother’. ;)

——

It also I on a frag plug, but I don’t have a frag rack... might just stick it in the sand.

(I would eventually like to get a frag rack though)

Sure, lol.

Here are some pictures of the coral, as horrible as they may look:

I’m using an orange transparent medicine bottle. :lol:
FB209382-F1A2-44EC-AE35-730BAB48277A.jpeg
90D42776-9F9B-4AF0-B447-9D847EFB04CB.jpeg
BE6F17F8-B54C-4354-A832-57C0325B4E70.jpeg
041747A7-E0C2-44CA-8639-221D6EA59DEC.jpeg

It worked OK, but I definitely need a real filter. :rofl:

Goby is chilling with the shrooms!
12DD06C1-0884-493F-9567-10E36777EDC5.jpeg

—-

Did a 5g water change, along with substrate vacuum to get all of that algae out. (Again)
DD6C1859-290B-4171-8486-4F511E8B59A8.jpeg

—-

Everything else is doing really good.

I’m going to participate in a live sale on Saturday, so hopefully I will be able to snag some frags. (I’m looking specifically for zoas)

Too bad I just thought of this, but you could have gotten a snowflake eel, or even a cuttlefish(you might be able to do this if you get a real anemone)

Um, no, I couldn't. Snow Flake eels and cuttlefish need a minimum tank size of 75 gallons or larger. Cuttlefish are not only super sensitive to just about everything, but they will also eat any small fish or invertebrates they can catch. And believe me, they are fast.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back