29g Saltwater Nano Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I also wanted to get a blenny - would getting 2x dottybacks and 1x blenny not be overstock?
It would probably be a bit overstocked but it depends on how many water changes you do and how much food you put in the tank. It also depends on the species of blenny. Some stay small (under 3 inches) and others can reach 6 or more inches in length. The dottybacks are pretty small and don't put a huge biological load on the tank.

Water change and gravel clean should help remove the red (blue green) algae. After the tank has aged a bit the red should go but you need to try and get rid of it early on so it doesn't stay.

I plan to get a bi-color or tailspot.

I will probably get just one orchid.

They're actually setting up their marine area right now... I'm excited. Maybe I can actually convince my parents that a third tank is a good idea.
You could learn a lot from your LFS.

I would learn as much as possible about saltwater, before getting a tank.

Be forewarned! If you start a saltwater tank, you may not want to go back to freshwater... ;)

GUYS. This one coral website is having this killer deal: Buy any coral and get a FREE purple, green tipped indo torch!
87A26875-4706-4D92-BFE4-262896ED9D59.jpeg

I plan on getting this mushroom:
B39CCFF0-F22F-4059-A9CB-FEEF5C113737.png

That plus the $50 overnight shipping, will bring the total out to $94.99. That means, in essence, I might get the torch for only $50, which is absolutely insane!

This isn’t rock solid yet, but I have a very good chance...

GUYS. This one coral website is having this killer deal: Buy any coral and get a FREE purple, green tipped indo torch!
View attachment 137555
I plan on getting this mushroom:
View attachment 137554
That plus the $50 overnight shipping, will bring the total out to $94.99. That means, in essence, I might get the torch for only $50, which is absolutely insane!

This isn’t rock solid yet, but I have a very good chance...
Why don’t you order more corals, with that high of a shipping???

Like if you’re already paying $50 shipping, why not order more than 2 Corals (are the mushrooms considered corals?)
Yes, mushrooms are corals.

LOL, because other corals are expensive... This was actually the cheapest coral they have for sale. i'm really only getting the shroom, so I can get the free coral.

Yes, mushrooms are corals.

LOL, because other corals are expensive... This was actually the cheapest coral they have for sale. i'm really only getting the shroom, so I can get the free coral.
Ohhhhh ok. The panicky part of my mind always jumps to “You have to order as many things as possible, to get the most out of your shipping fee!” :unsure:

Ohhhhh ok. The panicky part of my mind always jumps to “You have to order as many things as possible, to get the most out of your shipping fee!” :unsure:
Ah, ok!

I think its any order $200+ is free shipping. UPS overnight shipping actually only costs $45, but they have to account for the bags and heat packs and such - the $50 shipping fee is pretty fair, considering that I would be getting a free torch!! :p

Still deciding if I want to do it...

I’m still thinking about it.

Do you think my tank is ready for a torch?

—-

I can’t take the example of me killing the other torch, because that one had a cracked skeleton and it was fragged/sold to me WAY to early.

I’m still thinking about it.

Do you think my tank is ready for a torch?

—-

I can’t take the example of me killing the other torch, because that one had a cracked skeleton and it was fragged/sold to me WAY to early.
I see no other reason why your torch died since your other corals were happy. I'd say it was either a sickly coral or they handled it way to rough at the store. I think you are ready for a torch. I'm not too well versed on them but I know they are an lps so I'm sure it would be fine.

I see no other reason why your torch died since your other corals were happy. I'd say it was either a sickly coral or they handled it way to rough at the store. I think you are ready for a torch. I'm not too well versed on them but I know they are an lps so I'm sure it would be fine.
Well, my other corals are softies, which are much easier.

Also, I don’t have a calcium or phosphate test kit yet so I don’t know what those levels are...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back