29g Saltwater Nano Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Will you be getting an anemone at some point for your clowns to live in?

Will you be getting an anemone at some point for your clowns to live in?
Yes, definitely!

It’s usually recommended to wait 6 months before getting an anemone. I do really want one though. :)

(I have been looking at bubble tip and rainbow... beautiful!)

OO Layla!
59A1F979-CEA0-452B-A3A2-2A44AB997CCD.jpeg

I have absolute zero knowledge of saltwater so I'm learning alongside you here... Is there a reason why you have to wait? Filter maturity? Does coral live in sand or on rock?

I have absolute zero knowledge of saltwater so I'm learning alongside you here... Is there a reason why you have to wait? Filter maturity? Does coral live in sand or on rock?
Just the overall tank maturity. They need very stable water parameters.

I’m keeping the frags on the substrate for a while, until they adapt to the light. If you put the frags on the rock work as soon as you get them, they may bleach.

I may move the zoa on the rock work soon... it has been a week or so until I got them.

Cool mushroom I have been looking for one of those but can never find one.

Thank you kindly!

The mushroom is acclimating right now. It will soon be next to the Zoa. :)
Keep all corals apart or they fight. Have them at different levels and keep a couple of inches space between them. If you have brain corals or long tentacle corals, give them even more space because they fight at night.

Cool mushroom I have been looking for one of those but can never find one.
Thanks! It was a lucky find. :good:

Keep all corals apart or they fight. Have them at different levels and keep a couple of inches space between them. If you have brain corals or long tentacle corals, give them even more space because they fight at night.
The zoa and mushroom are about 3 inches away from each other.

Oh jeepers... Sounds nightmarish!
Coral can fight :blush:
Yup! It’s pretty insane...

—-

I’ll upload some good pictures of the shroom in a bit.

What's an extreme rainbow bubbletip anemone?

I have experience with bubbletip anemones but never heard of extreme rainbow ones.

Bubbletip anemones are easy to care for. Give them clean water, lots of light and a bit of food each day. They grow rapidly and will divide each year if kept under good conditions. If they do divide, one half will usually stay put and the other one will wander off and find somewhere else to live.

Thanks! It was a lucky find. :good:

The zoa and mushroom are about 3 inches away from each other.

Yup! It’s pretty insane...

—-

I’ll upload some good pictures of the shroom in a bit.

Gotta love reef tanks!
I had two large absolutely beautiful micromussa/acan colonies living next to each other for the longest time. I came home from work one day and they had duked it out while I was gone. They obliterated each other and I was heartbroken. They were easily my two favorite corals at the time and to just have the entire colonies wiped out was a hard pill to swallow.

Yes, definitely!

It’s usually recommended to wait 6 months before getting an anemone. I do really want one though. :)

(I have been looking at bubble tip and rainbow... beautiful!)
I found some time to look those up and agree the rainbow is very pretty... Then I came across the blue tip and that's lovely too

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back