29g First Sw Tank

Hmmm...those could be fine and probably are, but TBH I'm paranoid enough about those sorts of things I wouldn't put them in my own tanks without an example of someone feeding them and saying they're totally fine or some other indication that they'd been tested on reef systems.

I also have freeze dried brine shrimp

Mysis is a lot better than brine for most fish.

Will this cover the stocking list?

Yep, with mysis substituted for brine - although it assumes the fish will eat those forms of food. A lot of marine fish will reject stuff that floats on the surface like freeze-dried food and flake. Others will eat just about anything, but make sure you see your fish eat it while you watch. If they don't, then try frozen alternatives.

Ok. Would it be OK to use Ghost Shrimp as live food sometimes? I saw somewhere that the fish appreciate it.

Live food is not a great idea with marine fish if they will accept prepared or frozen food as a substitute. Some fish will reject prepared food after having an opportunity to eat live food, even if they ate prepared food prior to that.

Live food is not a great idea with marine fish if they will accept prepared or frozen food as a substitute. Some fish will reject prepared food after having an opportunity to eat live food, even if they ate prepared food prior to that.

Ok... So bad idea. I'll keep that in mind.

Ok, so it's been a week. I have 13 Hermits, and 7 Turbo Snails. Ammonia and Nitrite are 0, and Nitrate is about 20. The algae is starting to grow on 3 live rocks, and the other live rock had algae, but it was devoured. The nonlive rock has a few specks of algae on it. The pH is 8.1-2. So, should I get the Starry Blenny this weekend? Should I get a pistol shrimp instead? Or should I wait a week?

Just bought Him/Her today! Drip Acclimating right now, hopefully will be in tank soon!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back