29 gallon tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Could always go for Cardinal tetra's instead. I find them more colourful than Neons. White cloud minnows would work also with them liking cooler temps like the Zebra danios

Could always go for Cardinal tetra's instead. I find them more colourful than Neons. White cloud minnows would work also with them liking cooler temps like the Zebra danios
I was actually going to suggest golden white clouds. They are so pretty. One of my favs.

I’ll look into golden white clouds. The only problem is I’ll have to save up for a while, so I can buy them all at the same time. 10 cardinal tetras would cost me around $20-$25. That’s quite a reasonable chunk of money. I’m just going to focus on getting the school of Zebra danios first.

Tank update: I added a few more Anacharis pieces and a few more rocks. I am going to add an Anubias to the back right corner. I plan to add sort of a purple/green fake plant @Deanasue sent me. I’m not sure how it’ll look, but I’ll go for it! Pictures will be uploaded tomorrow. Good night! :)

Pictures:
4F274F7A-6349-4CF4-84C5-E9C1B54211F4.jpeg

72DCCD1A-F6DB-4C89-AFD3-394F95FE8A7F.jpeg

As you can see I added 1 fake plant that looks like a sword? Not sure what it’s supposed to look like, but it looks good. I added the. Anubias to the right corner and added some lava rocks. (You can see them better in pic. #2.)
96A3CA7E-B657-400B-97A0-2D31FEB8FFC7.jpeg

I plan to move my Zebra Nerite snail over today and I plan to add more Anacharis in the back right corner. Enjoy!

@Deanasue , are these golden cloud minnows?
31A84E9F-FAD8-405F-8183-156710D32466.jpeg

(Ignore the shrimp. I’m talking about the fish in the upper right corner.)

Ok! I might get those as my secondary school, they look very pretty. :)

Update: The tank is doing great, the shrimp are molting (which is a good sign?) and the pleco has settled in. I moved my Nerite snail over and he is doing good as well.
Picture:
73661523-FCA9-439E-8FF3-FA7EFA9BC836.jpeg

As you can see, the plants have grown a lot. I have trimmed the same Anacharis 3 times (I replanted the trimmings) and it’s still growing strong!

I do have a problem though, algae has started growing on the front glass. It is nothing big, but it is annoying. I have wiped it off several Times. Any suggestions on how to limit this?

Your light may be too bright. Cut the time down a couple of hours of it being in. Tank is coming alone nicely. I’d still like more plants or a rock cave.

Tank is coming along very nicely. I moved some of my Anacharis from my 30 gallon into my 55 gallon today. It was also getting too long. The shrimp loved climbing around in it. I moved some shorter pieces from the 55 gallon to the 30 gallon to see if it will grow tall too. The 30 gallon is on the sunny side of my house.

Last edited:
I concur with above. I always clean the inside of the front glass (and sometimes the side glass panels, depending upon the tank) at every water change (weekly) using one of those sponge scrapers (or you can use a normal sponge that is pure sponge without any soaps etc and used only for the fish tanks). Even if I see nothing, this is important because every surface under water develops a biofilm and algae grows in this along with various microscopic critters and keeping the glass clean usually allows you to keep ahead of algae on the glass. If it still appears when doing this, then there is an imbalance of light/nutrients.

Looking good!
Idk if it was mentioned earlier but what plant the tallest one that is most prevalent in the tank?
I like the sand too. I wish I went a little darker in my tank..... Kinda too late now.

Last edited:
Looking good!
Idk if it was mentioned earlier but what plant the tallest one that is most prevalent in the tank?
I like the sand too. I wish I went a little darker in my tank..... Kinda too late now.
I don’t understand what you mean by most prevalent? The biggest on in there (the plan stretching from the back right corner to the front of the filter) is an Anacharis.

Like the plants that anacharis is really growing, looks good on the back of the tank. Enjoy your mini vacation :clap:
Thank you! I plan to get the other 5 ZD next month, that’ll be good for the solo one. The shrimp are doing super good as well. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back