29 gallon Betta tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Agreed, looking good!

When I used to have a planted tank with CO2, I was advised to put the CO2 on a timer, which I did. A solenoid wasn't expensive, as I recall. I put it on the same timer as the lights. Pumping CO2 into the water at night wastes CO2, because the plants won't use it in the dark (at least not as much), and the fish will probably appreciate it too.

Thanks guys!! I just realized I haven’t posted any updates in a couple months. The co2 definitely helps plant growth. That I can say for an absolute fact.
675348FB-1468-4B81-95C6-2D8EE4FAA7FE.jpeg
This picture was taken March 4th. After my fist big trim. Before the trim all the plants were touching the surface. Some small branches forming, but mostly just tall stems and leafs. So I trimmed them all down, and this was the result.

Next picture:
0CA8871E-8760-472D-91EA-71F644DDC9A7.jpeg
This was just taken today (so I could give you guys an update, and sorry for the glare). But this is after another trim a few days ago. When I also took the frogbit out.

Oh, and, @kross the co2 set-up I got came with a solenoid so all I had to do was get a smart plug and set the timer for that, so it turns on about an hour before the lights, and off about an hour before they turn off.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back