FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

two_wheeled

Reaction score
Hello, new member here from Phoenix. I used to keep aquariums, but recently gave it up because I was spending much more time around the backyard koi pond. Seems I just couldn't stay away!

I keep a 275-gallon IBC tote isolated from the pond, with its own filtration, to use as a quarantine tank for times when I want to introduce new koi.
Since this tank sits heated and insulated, waiting for my 20-inch-plecostomus to use it for a winter home, we couldn't help but drop some yoyo loaches into it, because they like to eat the snails. I have lots of snails. Then we decided it needed some color, so we added some tetras. And some barbs. Then an upside-down-catfish (Synodontis) just sounded too neat to pass up. Then my niece needed a home for her dalmation mollies. Then I was gifted some red platy's. Then an albino plecostomus, which should be easier to see in the pond next spring. And a bunch more I can't remember. I used to have an indoor aquarium and this seems to have taken its place.
They're all non-aggressive community fish and get along great.
Just thought I would share.

Hello, new member here from Phoenix. I used to keep aquariums, but recently gave it up because I was spending much more time around the backyard koi pond. Seems I just couldn't stay away!

I keep a 275-gallon IBC tote isolated from the pond, with its own filtration, to use as a quarantine tank for times when I want to introduce new koi.
Since this tank sits heated and insulated, waiting for my 20-inch-plecostomus to use it for a winter home, we couldn't help but drop some yoyo loaches into it, because they like to eat the snails. I have lots of snails. Then we decided it needed some color, so we added some tetras. And some barbs. Then an upside-down-catfish (Synodontis) just sounded too neat to pass up. Then my niece needed a home for her dalmation mollies. Then I was gifted some red platy's. Then an albino plecostomus, which should be easier to see in the pond next spring. And a bunch more I can't remember. I used to have an indoor aquarium and this seems to have taken its place.
They're all non-aggressive community fish and get along great.
Just thought I would share.

sounds like a really cool pond

Photo of the tank from the outside.

Attachments

• 22-09-10 12-30-48 5426.jpg
    22-09-10 12-30-48 5426.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 36

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back