200L Tank Leak! Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

razer121

THE Triop Man XD
Reaction score
Long story short, i woke to the tank leaking everywhere...in my room :( laptop is naff i think...both of them :( but pc is ok! either way it was the external filter that failed, the pipework broke and released itself from the filter so the tank itself is ok, but here is the problem...

around 20-30litres of water has got out of the tank before i relized what was going on (i was asleep! it happened at 6 in this morning!) anyhow...the bottom of the tank is chipboard, it has been damamged and this is what it is like...

IMG_9554.jpg

Is that safe? because it doesnt look like it....im really worried and my poor fish are stuck inside of a small 60 litre tank, im going out to buy a new filter today, they have a heater and small filter with the old filters media in so ammonina shouldnt be a major concern, its just the tank size and my 200 litre tank :( any advice would be much appreciated!

saying that does anyone have an extrenal goin cheap? im despratly needing one! thanks!

i would say if you dont think it looks safe then it will be better to replace it rather than have that doubt at the back of your mind. peace of mind is always the best policy. it wont be too hard to change maybe even varnish the next piece of wood you use that way it wont become water damaged.

Well, thanks for the help! lol that is a joke...either way i ended up making a new one for it,

IMG_9638.jpg

Turns out im a dab hand at building stuff with wood :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back