What's new

20 Gallon Stocking

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

noobgamers

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hey guys at long last i have some to the end of deciding the stocking for my new 20 gallon i was thinking (dangerous i know)
6 julli corydoras
6 hatchetfish
9 neon tetra
3 apistogramma trifasciata (1 male 2 females)

my thinking was that the hatchetfish rarely leave top levels neons and dwarf cichlids will have to divide out mid and jullis rarely leave the bottom of the tank any help will be aprrectiated btw for those of you who dont know apistogramma trifasciata the females get 2 1/4 inches and males 2 3/4 inches any help appreciated it will be heaily planted ph of around 6.75 - 7 

Dwarf cichlids don't use midwater but are very much bottom oriented. I always recommend against keeping corys and dwarf cichlids together in rather mall tanks like yours as this is a lot of stress for both species. Hope you got sand as substrate.

hobby5 said:
Dwarf cichlids don't use midwater but are very much bottom oriented. I always recommend against keeping corys and dwarf cichlids together in rather mall tanks like yours as this is a lot of stress for both species. Hope you got sand as substrate.
yes got sand as substrate bu they both will have adequate hiding hiding spaces and it wil be heavily planted so i thought it would work

It could work, you can always try it and if they are being aggressive you can try returning or rehoming them. 

hm thinking of trying a betta now instead as the centrepiece

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back