20 Gallon Stocking Ideas

eric_the_red

New Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Points
0
getting a new tank 20 gallons. any ideas of fish i can put in there?

cheers eric
 
what colour fish do you want?

how about a group of Pseudomugil rainbows or Melanotaenia praecox.
 
I've got a 23 and a 26 gallon tank (90 & 100 Litre?)

In one I have rainbow fish which are a delight, and in my other tank some angel fish and a big fat Geophagus steindachneri who is a real character

Both tanks have a definite different 'personality' but I can't choose a favourite :)
 
corys i vote for the bottom, sterbais or pandas are nice!

cardinals and rummy nose make nice shoaling fish
 
I wouldnt go with angels i think they need a tall as well.

If you want to do cichlids, you could try a shelldweller tank, try to start up a colony.
Otherwise tropical community -> tetras for shoaling, cories for clean up, maybe a pair of rams or some gouramis as centerpieces would look nice.
Planted tank?? just depends what you're interested in.
 
I agree, angels need a tall tank.

What about sparkling gouramis? Or a type of Ram, I've been reading alot about these guys lately and I think the Bolivians sound really neat.

I second the idea of having some cories, they're my favorite in my 30 gallon :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top