20 gallon long stocking

Welcome to the forum.
If you are buying fish locally, and the store uses the same tap water that you do, then the fish you list will be fine, no need to stress over the hardness....
Personally, I'd add 2 filters to that tank, one on each end...that way, if one fails, you have a backup...plus you can stagger your filter cleaning schedule, and always have a filter running...I'm a big fan of the AC's, I'd put 2 AC30's on the tank, 60G worth of filtration, 3X the volume of your water.
You don't need the carbon that comes with the filters, and I don't even use the sponges, either...I make additional bags of ceramic media for my HOB's, and in the space where the sponge would go, I just use cheap poly batting that can be found at WalMart....add a fresh piece each week during WC's, and toss the old piece...no nasty sponges to clean all of the time...
Ok that sounds pretty good! Which would work better in this stocking, 8 panda corydoras or 1 BN pleco?

I would say it would be OK, assuming you have powerful filtration and maintain a good cleaning schedule.

Yes, all my parameters are steady! Maintenance on my 20g long usually takes about 30 minutes each week. (The things I mentioned above, and also trimming/replanting plants, filling the tank back up, and performing other various aquascape changes)
What would work better with this stocking, 8 panda corydoras or 1 BN pleco?

Ok that sounds pretty good! Which would work better in this stocking, 8 panda corydoras or 1 BN pleco?
You can do both....just be aware, many times, pandas aren't in the best of health, they tend to be overbred

You can do both....just be aware, many times, pandas aren't in the best of health, they tend to be overbred
Yeah I have just heard that the BN bioload is a lot on other forums. Just wondering what you guy’s thoughts were.

Yeah I have just heard that the BN bioload is a lot on other forums. Just wondering what you guy’s thoughts were.
I have one in my 29G....just have plenty of filtration, do 50% weekly water changes religiously, and clean your filters (after the tank is established) once a month, it will be fine...and make sure you do indeed get a BNP, and not a common pleco...hopefully the people at your LFS know the difference!

REAL plants would be a huge bonus, as well, they help keep the water column clean

What would work better with this stocking, 8 panda corydoras or 1 BN pleco?
I don’t suggest Panda Corydoras, as they are usually inbred, and highly susceptible to diseases.

I would look into Julii, False Julii, Emerald, Bronze, Salt & Pepper, or Albino.

——

In my 20g long, I have the following:

• 8x Harliquen Rasbora’s
  • 2x Neon Tetras
  • 7x False Julii Corydoras
  • 1x Albino BNP
  • Cherry shrimp + pest snails
I have had no issues with this stock whatsoever.

I don’t suggest Panda Corydoras, as they are usually inbred, and highly susceptible to diseases.

I would look into Julii, False Julii, Emerald, Bronze, Salt & Pepper, or Albino.

——

In my 20g long, I have the following:

• 8x Harliquen Rasbora’s
  • 2x Neon Tetras
  • 7x False Julii Corydoras
  • 1x Albino BNP
  • Cherry shrimp + pest snails
I have had no issues with this stock whatsoever.
So 3 Honeys, 1 BN, and 8 Harlequins will bo good? Might add some amano shrimp as well for cleaning.

BN in 20 gallon ?? Not at all. not only do they get big but they also get bad-tempered as they get older.

Most reactions

Back