2 fry

clueless

Reaction score
Yesterday whilst cleaning the gravel I tuned over a shell and out swam a biddy little fish that promply got ate by one of my platys whilst I was rooting around in the box under the tank for my fish net.

So being more carefull i shifted some more stones and found one more lonely fry
which i put into a cleaned out jar and then rushed out to buy another small fish tank and heater, Today I discovered another fry in the bottom of the filter and this has joined the first the question is now what do i need, special food or equipment? Are there likely to be more i don,t know about? and how do i keep the water in the small tank clean with out a filter? bear in mind that till yesterday i assumed that my fish would lay eggs so that is my current fish knowledge level

Thanks in advance Keith aka clueless

First, you could get a breeding net cage. You just put it on the edge of tank and they are protected from any other fish, until you get that new tank set up. Secondly, after you get all of the fry you can hook your filter back up. If you want to, you can get some cheesecloth and put it over the intake tube for now. Just keep a careful eye out for any more.

good luck,
Valerie :thumbs:

Here's a link to what I used when I had livebearers.

Try this article: http://fish.orbust.net/livebearers.html Feed them with finely crushed fish flake as livebearers from birth are big enough to eat this :) Make sur ethe nitrItes and Ammonia don't spike in your new tank as I would hate to see your two new babies die :(

Congrats on the new additions to the family - you must be a proud parent :nod:

i assumed that my fish would lay eggs so that is my current fish knowledge level

Quite a lot of fish do, however guppies, mollies, platies and swordtails (and halfbeaks and endlers) all give birth directly to live free swimming fry :) The article should answer most questions and help you sex your livebearers!

Buy a bio foam filter 45 as they wont swallow up your little babs and it would keep the tank sqeaky clean!!!!!

You can get them from www.aquatics-direct.co.uk they are about £3-£4 and replacement foams are about £1-£2.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back