2 Adf With A Betta?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

miwreece

Reaction score
Hey there i have a 5g tank with a betta in, i would really like to have 2 adf but will the betta eat the food because ive heard alot of problems about this... also i only have 2 terra cotta pots in the tank and 2 little rocks i have a base from the pot and i can use that for a feeding dish and i have 2 coconut caves, what should i use for the frogs? Or which would be better for them?

I have heard of folk successfully doing this, however in my opinion I would have to say I strongly wouldn't recommend it.

ADFs are hard enough to feed when in a species only tank, leave alone sharing with a betta.

Your betta could potentially end up with shredded fins as ADFs have awful eyesight.

Your ADFs would struggle to get to the food before your betta does, resulting in betta bloat and adf hunger.

I personally think it is much more hassle than it is worth.

Could you cycle a separate tank for the frogs?

I have a friend who keeps ADFs with her betta. She has had 2 die, but is successfully keeping 1 with her betta and a mystery snail. They need a clear, flat, preferably white area to eat off of. The betta needs to be kept well fed. It isn't easy but if you like frogs, can be rewarding.

I have 8 adf in a 25 gallons tank and had to temporarily put my betta in with them for a week.  The frogs got plenty of food  as they are all fat pigs but would accidently nip and grab a hold of the poor betta who would then flare at them all the time.  They are now seperated and my betta is much happier.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back