MyraAlam
Fish Fanatic
another option in regards to algae (along wilt TONS of other health benefits for the fish) would be the addition of a uv sterilizer. i use them on just about all of my tanks. and even the ones outside in direct sunlight, do not grow algae.
a couple of bala sharks will be fine in your 180. they average around 14", and at adult sizes, a 72" tank is suggested. and thats what you have with the 180and theyre very peaceful fish.
blind cave tetras are usually peaceful as well. ive never heard of them being fin nippers. id actually be more concerned about the rams if they end up breeding. but with a 6' tank, they will be able to defend a small area for themselves, while leaving enough room for your other fish to retreat to.
as far as glass cats, im not sure. i dont really keep small fish, so im probably not the best person to ask about them. the only reason i know anything about blind cave tetras is because i was deciding between them and my exodons a while back. (but once i got the exodons, it was no contest). im sure there are other people here who are well versed in small fish that could help you out. i mostly keep large angry fish. lol
"large angry fish" hahaha I see
I think I'll be going with the glass cats rather than the balas. Personally, I would prefer the balas, however, if I get 5-6 and they all get to be 14", I'm sort of worried about my cardinals starting to disappear one by one. 
A friend of mine was suggesting that if I were to get them, that I'd probably have to separate them off into a much larger tank once they reach a bigger size. I do understand your point, even though neither of them would take a snap at any of the little ones, they may just as easily be terrorized by their very large presence.
I look forward to getting it all established. Hope I didn't miss anyone up there! It's a big deal to take time out of your day to help someone else out, and so I thought I'd make my gratitude known. Happy fishkeeping!








