129G Planted Oddball Tank

Wow! It's looking great Ninj! I absolutely love it! Are you happy with it?

I bet you're so happy with your BGK
tongue2.gif

Any more updates? How are the plants growing? I'd love to see another fts
smile.png

How are you finding the cardamine? I see them for sale everywhere and was wondering just earlier today what they're like
smile.png

Blondielovesfish said:
Wow! It's looking great Ninj! I absolutely love it! Are you happy with it?

I bet you're so happy with your BGK
tongue2.gif

Any more updates? How are the plants growing? I'd love to see another fts
smile.png

How are you finding the cardamine? I see them for sale everywhere and was wondering just earlier today what they're like
smile.png
I'm so glad you like it! I'm very pleased with it
smile.png

The red ludwigia is not doing so hot, and I missed dosing a few days so my..melon sword or whatever it is (I can never remember the name, the red and green one on the left) is all hole-y and sad.

I love my BGK, unfortunately the angels are greedy and do make it hard to hand feed him now..which might be okay as it is starting to hurt when he nips at me. It's not enough to make me stop but it's a little startling.
I think the cardamine is pretty but it is a pain to get it rooted apparently >.< Or maybe I'm just clumsy and keep uprooting it. Or maybe that's the eels.
tongue2.gif

The blue phantom pleco is becoming more..visible? I was able to see him munching on an algae wafer in one of the caves the other day.

Today, one of the angels I think managed to pull a wafer out of the cave..few moments later I see the pleco dart out, land on the wafer, dart back into the cave..and repeat every few moments.
I moved it back in there for him and after a little bit I could see it moving around, he was back to munching
wub.png

glad to hear Lucky is coming out a bit now---hopefully he continue to be out and about more---maybe once in awhile put the algae wafer farther out from the cave entrance and maybe you'll see him come out more.  Maybe you'll be able to snap a picture or video of him at some point.  You're spoiling him by giving him breakfast in bed everyday :lol:

Fishmanic said:
glad to hear Lucky is coming out a bit now---hopefully he continue to be out and about more---maybe once in awhile put the algae wafer farther out from the cave entrance and maybe you'll see him come out more.  Maybe you'll be able to snap a picture or video of him at some point.  You're spoiling him by giving him breakfast in bed everyday
laugh.png
I'm glad he is too! I will try your idea and see what he does and if I can I will grab pics/vid for ya :) I like spoiling my fish :p

WOW! What a tank! Definitely makes me realise how amateur-ish mine looks lol..

Congrats :)

DeanoL83 said:

Congrats
smile.png
Thanks! Don't put yourself down, your tank is great, I really like it! I have seen it before but not sure if you've uploaded any updated pictures lately? If not you definitely should :D

Ninjouzata said:

Congrats
smile.png
Thanks! Don't put yourself down, your tank is great, I really like it! I have seen it before but not sure if you've uploaded any updated pictures lately? If not you definitely should
biggrin.png

Cheers :) Am just waiting on some new plants to arrive (hopefully tomorrow) and then I will take some more pics of it to get some feedback from everyone :)

Has been quite a bit since I posted on this thread, sorry no pics
sad.png

I just wanted to update about the angelfish. They've been picking on Nigel the half-banded eel and are making it very hard to feed the other fish in the tank.

The striped peacock eel is starting to look really skinny..so am thinking about re-homing them.
I really don't want to, I love them so much..but I don't know what else I can do aside from getting another tank to put them in which I can't do
sad.png

Aww that's such a shame Nin! Hope you manage to find them a good home.

Wow, it's been almost a year since I posted in here. I don't really have any pictures but here is a video from a few months ago.
I didnt want to post it cause its not good enough quality IMO but it is better than nothing.

https://youtu.be/2fwCOH8uRlo

As you can see I've yet to re-home the angelfish, they stopped picking on the eels and mainly the striped and..non full black one will beat up the black one.
The striped is the only male so I think a pair has been formed between those two, have seen them lay/fertilize eggs multiple times but they always get eaten.

The leopard bushfish has taken to attacking the angels and the BGK. I don't know what to do.

Lucky the blue phantom pleco comes out more often now, but as soon as he knows Im there he's gone so I only get a quick glimpse every now and then. He looks beautiful and healthy though when I do see him.

Sorry I've been so quiet, life has changed a lot in the past year.

The tank looks awesome

Life happens...we all get quiet stages. Great to see you back!

Alasse said:
The tank looks awesome

Life happens...we all get quiet stages. Great to see you back!
I'll still be fairly quiet I think but hopefully I'll be able to post more often. Thank you very much, that means a lot coming from you!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back