120 gallon reef setup?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The orchid dottyback (Pseudochromis fridmani) is a nice little fish and has a stunning colour.
I agree. That's one of my favorite fish. The orchid and the magenta dottybacks (Pseudochromis porphyreus) are nice fish, not aggressive as far as dottybacks go. I was able to keep an orchid with a yellow coris wrasse as well.

Do you have a link for the tank or a name of the tank?

If you have shrimp in the tank then only get a couple of small hermit crabs. If you don't have shrimp, then 4-6 small hermit crabs.

Fairy wrasses can be common but it depends on the shop.

You can buy 4 Bangaii cardinals, but you might not get males and females. If you do get males and females you can build up the colony with the babies they produce. Or get 4 now and 4 later when you have a bit more money available.

Anthias are fussy eaters and most people try live brineshrimp. That can help but is not a suitable food on its own, they need more variety and rotifers are a good start. Copepods and mysis shrimp are also good foods. You won't get Anthias to take dry or floating foods.

Some species of dottyback (usually the bigger types) can be aggressive but bicolor dottybacks are peaceful and small.
The orchid dottyback (Pseudochromis fridmani) is a nice little fish and has a stunning colour. They are regularly bred in captivity.
I do, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075ZY6SPH/?tag= :)
I was planning on having the typical cleaner shrimp so would 3 hermits work? Also I might still try the emerald crabs and see if it works out or not but I am a bit torn on them now.
Hopefully I can find one!
I might start with 4 and see how they get on and then invest in another 4 later on thanks for the tip!
I should probably wait a year before I try the anthias as I wouldn't want to cause trouble in the tanks establishing stage..
I'll have a look at the orchid dottybacks! :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I agree. That's one of my favorite fish. The orchid and the magenta dottybacks (Pseudochromis porphyreus) are nice fish, not aggressive as far as dottybacks go. I was able to keep an orchid with a yellow coris wrasse as well.
I'll definetely look at the orchids and the yellow coris! I'm so excited this is my first saltwater aquarium haha.

If you want a splash of yellow I recommend yellow watchman goby and yellow clown goby.

Not all blenny are created equal. I've kept several and had very nice fish and had monsters. The bicolor blenny, for example, was a wonderful fish, but the lawnmower and starry blenny I had were mean and ate my corals.

I say that because I've not kept a yellow blenny so given my mixed experience with blenny I can't recommend it or advise against it. You will need to find someone that kept that species.
Ooo which goby do you prefer?

Ooo which goby do you prefer?
You could actually do both of those goby. They occupy different parts of the tank. The clown goby is tiny, lovely, and very full of personality. The watchman burrows, and is more shy, but it can be paired with a pistol shrimp for an interesting dynamic.

You could actually do both of those goby. They occupy different parts of the tank. The clown goby is tiny, lovely, and very full of personality. The watchman burrows, and is more shy, but it can be paired with a pistol shrimp for an interesting dynamic.
That sounds awesome! Would the pistol shrimp be fine with emerald crabs?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back