10g Build Journal.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stocking for my 10g?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow! Amazing! I was asking the cost because when I went to my LFS the other day and there was this pretty plain looking killifish that cost $19.99! It was about 1 inch long and as plain as Kansas.
Did you know you can buy killifish eggs online? More work, but interesting to raise them and much cheaper.

I think I’m going to stick with the pea puffer idea. :)

Also @Colin_T, the dragon stone and driftwood I had in there is black, because of the sand. I tried to clean it off with hot water andI scrubbed it a lot, but it’s not coming off. :/

Picture for the day:
9296A971-367E-4AE6-BE7E-DF886CD2184A.jpeg

(note: these are only a few plants I could toss in there, I’ll make it look better today and add some java moss and some more Anacharis)

Black staining on rocks and wood will eventually fade but takes some time. It's from the anaerobic bacteria and is harmless once the wood or rock has been washed off and is in aerobic conditions.

Black staining on rocks and wood will eventually fade but takes some time. It's from the anaerobic bacteria and is harmless once the wood or rock has been washed off and is in aerobic conditions.
Ok, thank you. :)

Wow! Amazing! I was asking the cost because when I went to my LFS the other day and there was this pretty plain looking killifish that cost $19.99! It was about 1 inch long and as plain as Kansas.
Kansas is pretty plain so that says something ;)

Hey guys! Here is an updated photo:
CFB56D1D-9027-40CC-9FB3-D03C74E448C4.jpeg

I added a few more plants and the driftwood you see in the corner. I plan to clean the glass today and do a water change. I also am going to add dragon stone and attach java moss to the driftwood. :)

Ok guys, pictures for the day!

As you can see I added more Anacharis, 1 little Anubias plant, and java moss on the driftwood. Also the water cleared up a little:
CDA9F543-A9B6-4CBD-BAE0-8911FD82A683.jpeg

Here is a close up of what I did today:
64B1F113-824D-4F53-B760-3B2C39E8C0F3.jpeg

As you can see, it already looks better!

Im starting to reconsider the pea puffer idea. I’m thinking more along the lines of a rescue betta from PetCo or PetSmart. @Deanasue, is it better to get a sick betta and try to nurse it back to health? Or get the best looking betta there, in my budget?

What do you guys think? Pea Puffer or rescue betta?

Ok guys, pictures for the day!

As you can see I added more Anacharis, 1 little Anubias plant, and java moss on the driftwood. Also the water cleared up a little:
View attachment 99926
Here is a close up of what I did today:
View attachment 99927
As you can see, it already looks better!

Im starting to reconsider the pea puffer idea. I’m thinking more along the lines of a rescue betta from PetCo or PetSmart. @Deanasue, is it better to get a sick betta and try to nurse it back to health? Or get the best looking betta there, in my budget?

What do you guys think? Pea Puffer or rescue betta?
Depends on how confident you feel in nursing a betta back to health. Go to Petco. Stay away from PetSmart. :). Tank is shaping up.

I would go with pea puffers, to me the tank doesnt look like a betta tank :whistle:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back