10 Gallon Tank Suggestions?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CrazyDiamond88

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I currently have a 5 gallon tank with a heater and filter which houses my Betta, Kasai. 
fish.gif

I'm considering upgrading to a 10 gallon tank. I would like to be able to design the tank a bit more, and that is difficult to do with a 5 gallon tank.

I'd also like to add some more fish in. I don't want to overstock it though. I love corydoras... is it possible to put them in with him? If so, how many? 

If not, what else would be good to put in with Kasai?

Also... recommendations for a nice 10 gal tank? Keep in mind I live in Oz.

Sorry for all the questions. Appreciate the answers! 
yes.gif

You might have problems keeping a betta and smaller shrimp species, the betta might decide they look just too delicious.

Cory sp. suitable for a 10 gallon are c. habrosus, c. hastatus  and c.pygmaeus. Note that the last in the last seem to prefer mid-water rather than the bottom. Only 6 of each.

You could also try 6 Celestial Pearl Danio, 6 Chilli Rasbora (or any of the microrasbora species).

Or 4 or 5 male Endlers.

I am moving this down to the nano tank section.

6 x c. hasbrosus sounds perfect. I love the way that dart around at the bottom of the tank, they are gorgeous.

I really want to avoid him eating other living things in the tank xD I'd just feel too guilty about that.

How about some ottos? Sure they are quite sensetive but are great to look at.

Ottos are cute, too. I dunno, I just have my heart set on those corydoras...:fun:

I really like the Fluval Edge 2 Large 46 Litre White. It's beautiful.

Okay, could someone help me out here?

I saw the Fluval today, it doesn't have much access to inside the tank, not very practical.

Instead I'm thinking of the AquaOne AquaNano 40 (55 litre). 

The thing is... I can't seem to find it anywhere :/

I found it on a website for a store in Oz, but it is MILES away, and they don't seem to ship to me.

Also, what options do I have now with 14.5 G?

are you putting your betta in the 14.5 if so maybe up the numbers on samb's list

Also... this is very important and I'd like to know if anyone has experience with this tank, is the filtration system noisy?

Also, can I replace it with a different kind of filter if necessary?

RCS does equal Red Cherry Shrimp :)
I would recommend you stocking to be like this...
1 Betta
4 Otocinclus
8 Pygmy Cory's.

That should be plenty for the tank and the Pygmys will provide lots of activity :)

As far as I've heard, the filter system shouldn't be too noisy and you can replace it if needed.

Awesome, thanks! I am so excited :D
a rather naive question; won't the fish breed? What do I do if they breed?

Most reactions

trending

Back