What do you drive?

will i own a ford laser xl 4 door gray very nice car to drive but we all so own a 2003 HOLDEN Commodore SS and a MITSUBISHI Triton

Attachments

• dads_car1.JPG
    dads_car1.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 70
miata or mazda mx5 as they are known as over here are deffinatly womans cars! only thing they are good for is driffting! that is getting the back end out and sliding round things!

Actually, drifing is getting all four tires moving sideways, the tail swinging out is oversteer, and a mistake ;-) However, with all of these driving maneauvers the Miata is great and easy to control - just more of the charm.

thecichlidaddict said:
Actually, drifing is getting all four tires moving sideways, the tail swinging out is oversteer, and a mistake ;-) However, with all of these driving maneauvers the Miata is great and easy to control - just more of the charm.
Sounds like we've got a car addict too :) Good to see. I like miatas too, great car. Let's see who can pick the little red jobby in this photo. The blue one you should all be able to pick :)

0211min6.jpg

Attachments

• elan_mod.JPG
    elan_mod.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 71
these are our cars:
2004 nissan sentra SE-R
csx_ser_04_base_ky4_lg.jpg

i dont think i need to add a pic of a dodge neon lol but we have one of those too as well as chevy pickup

thecichlidaddict said:
OK, I give up, what's the red one?  looks like a good ol' classic european roadster.  Italian maybe? :blink:
It is Lotus Elan :) It is the car Mazda copied the miata off ;) You don't hear Mazda acknowledging it too much though :eek: The most they will say is that the bourght a Elan for evaluation during the design phase of the Miata.

You can see some comparisons at these sites
elan with miata

This is a nice summary of the situation.

Here is a brief bio of the Elan.

immatation really is the sincerest form of flattery :) The Miata is a great car :D If you want to read more, just plug "elan and miata" into google :)

thecichlidaddict said:
http://users.erols.com/elans4/E&M_Sides.jpg
The Miata looks BIG! :lol:

That's cool, I didn't realize that. I did know that the Miata was a copy of the classic roadster, didn't know there was a certain one. They turned the great 'european' roadster into a great 'reliable' roadster!
That's right. :) The Miata is a car you really can drive every day and enjoy. Back in the 60's and 70's people drove Elans as their every day cars, but their expectations were somewhat different :eek: :D

i drove a miata once and it felt like i was driving a go-kart... i need to be driving something with some serious power. doesnt the miata have a 4 cyl.

With a some small upgrades and changes the miata can really get going. I've seen hundreds of them race at a closed course and they usually place very well. I admit they are not a car I would choose to drive. Chris I was wondering what you think of the RSX overall? I am seriously wanting one.

trev, the rsx is nice car, it ranges from 20,000 to 24,000 depending on the model, the higher end one pushes 200hp which insnt bad for such a small car. also it gets good gas mileage. its a good combo or luxury, sport,and economy. you cant beat honda, who makes acura, they've always made good cars. if your seriously interested go and test drive one, im sure your gonna love it, so i bet youll end up buying it. good luck.

i drove a miata once and it felt like i was driving a go-kart... i need to be driving something with some serious power. doesnt the miata have a 4 cyl.

Well, yes, with 140 hp on a car this size it is still quite peppy, but you are right, this car is certainly not built for drag racing - and when you get the best handling car available for the price there's gotta be sacrifices of course. For the same price you can get a Mustang GT which is all power and no handling... it's all relative and it's all about what you enjoy. The RSX is a nice balance between the two.

I don't know if you said 'go-kart' as a good or bad thing (I think it's a good thing and agree) but if there is a company in the U.S. that will drop a ford 5.0 V8 into the Miata for you (yes it just fits). They call it the 'Monster Miata' and it adds a surprisingly small amount of weight to the car... I'd love to take one of those for a spin.

hahaha,

so funny, but germans stick to german cars...

that is one of our two - but the other looks exactely the same :wub:

Attachments

• ourcar2.jpg
    ourcar2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 70

Most reactions

trending

Back