Revival!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

1 ppm of ammonia is potentially lethal, to fish and especially shrimps, which tend to be even more sensitive to toxins than fish :/

Hang on I'll be home in 5 I might have that number wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops. It was 0.25 ppm it's the first one on the chart which I thought was 1ppm [emoji85]

Well, that's okay, but you must not let it get any higher than that.

If all you've done is use water and substrate from your LFS, then there is every chance that your tank isn't cycled.

You'll have to watch the levels of nitrite and ammonia like a hawk, and be prepared to do multiple large water changes.

Siphon and bucket ready and waiting!

See idk why I trust my LFS they always seem to give bad advice. But it was only a fiver for the gravel and water. And i checked all the levels when it was in and nothing was high

I've heard of some real doozies that LFS tell people but telling them they sell "cycled water" is a terrible and harmful lie. Glad you have test kits and siphons and buckets waiting!

b698f967ee6e3c5c6191b407f6090099.jpg

This was the tank when I just got home everything seems to be settled and the water is crystal clear! Idk if the plants help or what but I've never had a tank this clear.

Hit 0.5 ppm on ammonia and still unreading on the nitrate scale so did 30% water change, 15l bucket! with a dechlorinator. Don't think my temperature judging was perfect but the fish seem okay not huddling near the heater or anything, and swimming fine.

Po the betta is a stalker! I can't move in the house without him appearing at tank edge staring at me and following!

I love the minnows as well there such active little blighters!

Will check ammonia tomorrow again.

One question should I dechlorinate to tank or change size?

Bad news!

This morning all seemed well but got home this evening went to feed them and found a dead minnow [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] I have no idea why! Ammonia was at 0.5 when I came home so have now done a 30% water change but could that put him from fine to dead in 12 hours!

Also a few of the plants look like there dying? Any advice greatly wanted! Please!

55d9cc8e4bfb8b396150967e5896da9d.jpg

Been gone a while not had a chance to post. Spent a few weeks away as well with a "trusted" friend looking after them. I came home to the water being at 60%.

I took half of that out and it was this colour!
c06b32b602548a351e7774b972231f6e.jpg

So after refilling and giving them every form of chemical I have to make happy fish there like this now :)

9524f8533891326544a953c68ed42aab.jpg

8d086874bb53d045423eaa01d074a469.jpg

10ef2069993ee0a678eb4d9301667fd2.jpg

Safe to say there looking a lot happier and still going strong!

I have a snail problem which I'm assuming came with the plants. Any tips for solving the assassin snail is doing his best but he's outnumbered!!

I came home to the water being at 60%
Oh man, that's terrible!

So after refilling and giving them every form of chemical I have
I doubt the chemicals were necessary. I'd have just done a huge water change.
You might still want to do that. The chemicals can do more harm than good.
I'd do a big water change now and keep an eye on the levels doing at least 50% weekly.

I have a snail problem which I'm assuming came with the plants. Any tips for solving the assassin snail is doing his best but he's outnumbered
Get a couple more Assassins! They'd love it!

By chemicals I mean dechlorinate stress coat etc not medications etc

Had to go LFS to stock up on food and some shrimps etc. So got a backing and some new silk plants for the little guys

83a5696009bc34c3ae1432407374fed7.jpg

So many snails!!
2af324553b81606293f08a1f4eac48b9.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back