Planted Trigon 350

Theplayboy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Right i thought i would start a journal to help me see how this tank progresses and grows.

I posted it up in the planted section back in Feb but since then i have moved house and totally striped and redid the tank.

>350l juwel trigon (92g)
>1x 40w T8 "aquaworld aquawhite" bulb (soon to be t5)
>2x 15w T8 "aquaworld aquawhite" bulbs (soon to be t5)
>Substrate that i cant remember the name of, topped with black gravel
>Weekly dose of Flourish
>10-15% water changes a week

After the move i lost alot of plants so was only left with a few amazon swords. I then brought some dwarf sag from the classifieds on here. Today i went to amwell aquatics to try and buy some more plants. They didnt really have much in the way of plants today but i did find the most amazing piece of wood that i think sets off the tank really nicely. I did also come home with a grass type plant which ill need help with id'ing if someone could shed some light. The wood, wouldnt stay down and kept floating so for the moment untill it will stay down i have "borrowed" a rock from my mums puffer tank to weigh it down. Any tips on how to make it sink quicker?

Any way on with some pictures. Let me know what you think and how i can improve.

How the tank looked before the move:
P2240202.jpg

How the tank looked a couple of days ago:
IMG_3236.jpg

How the tank looks now, replanted around the wood (excuse the rock, was the only thing i could use to hold the wood down):
photo1.jpg

Left side of the tank (i was thinking of covering this flat surface with some java ferns mabey):
photo11.jpg

Grassy plant (id anyone?)
photo2.jpg

Close up:
photo4.jpg

Right side of tank:
photo6.jpg

Some of the Red line torpedo barbs (they dont stay still for long enough)
photo8.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

The tank on 15th May
photo-1.jpg

Stalks from amazon sword
photo-2.jpg

Update 8th June:

photo-1-1.jpg

Please excuse all the suspended algae in this picture i had just cleaned off the front glass.
photo-3.jpg

And this one.
photo-2-1.jpg

Update 2nd August:

IMG_3632.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

Update 5th August:

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

So let me know what you think....

I am going to try and keep this updated with any new changes and to see the growth in the tank.

All comments welcome. Thank you.

So this is a corner bowfront, or just a bowfront? The wood is a bit centerish to me, which is why I asked. The corner bowfronts can be a nightmare to scape.

llj

great tanks the Trigons, check mine out in the journal section, i have the 190 runnign at the moment. As llj said they are difficult to scape really well. Have you thought about some Hygrophilia or Crypts?

yea its a corner bow front tank. I spent about half an hour just trying to fit it in without it just looking like a floating log. Theres not much room to maneuver it about.

My mums got some Hygrophilia that needs a trim ;)

I have been lurking in the background looking at your tank, its looking good, growing in nicely.

Agree. Bolbitis would look good as well.

llj

Yea thanks guys some great suggestions there. I was thinking about some anubias, just gonna have to find a nice, biggish one to fill the space.

Also Bolbitis looks good as well, never really seen these before i could attach it to the wood.

(Edit: just looked up the requirements for Bolbitis and it says that it only likes soft-medium water, i have hard water)

Any ideas on the requirements for c. tenellus?

I was also thinking about attaching some different kinds of moss to the wood in different places, what do you think?

And how about a Crinum natans where the dwarf sag. is under the temporary rock (obviously the dwarf sag would come out)

(Edit: just looked up the requirements for Bolbitis and it says that it only likes soft-medium water, i have hard water)

Ignore that, I have liquid rock for water and my Bolbitis thrives. It just needs a good current.

By the way, that is arguably one of the fattest corydoras I've ever seen. She is big and very plump.

A quick update.

In the first pic of the redone tank you can see the amazon sword had produced a propagation stalk, well the baby amazons were doing really well.
Since the 15th May i have trimmed the stalks down and taken off the baby amazons which are now floating around in my tank, im going to wait untill they are a little bigger and have some roots then sell them on.

I have also added some weeping moss to the wood and im already seeing some new growth to that as well.

I will be updating again either today or tomorrow with more pictures of how the tank is doing as i have now added a Crinum natans which is doing very well and is even producing a flower stalk. I also brought an anubias coffeefolia but am still deciding where to put it, so its still floating in the tank as well.

Thanks for reading :good:

I moved it, some went with the other dwarf sag to thicken it out a bit, not that it will take long the way things are growing in my tank at the moment. And some went over to the right of the tank.

Im finding it hard to get a decent picture of the tank at the moment without glare all over the glass. As i work nights im only at home when its light out at the moment. But hopefully i can get one this weekend so you will have some new piccies by then.

Pictures added as requested. I finally got some decent pictures when i got home from work this morning.
:nod: :nod: :good: :good:

I'm really jealous now, a nice plant layout plus a school of Dennison's Barb, a fish I would love to have and would fit my theme (Africa/Asia)... But there are too many other fish I want and a school of these guys would create a serious bioload overstocking issue when they grow up!
sick.gif

Most reactions

Back