Oscars Wanted

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tonyp5467

Fishaholic
Reaction score
im looking for 2-3 largish oscars for my 6 foot tank i may consider smaller ones let me know what you have
must be local to sheffield so i can collect them but willing to travel 30 mile radius of sheffield (jn35 m1)

thats a lovely big tank that they are going into.. have your Lfs not got any that have to be re-homed due to their size, mine always does and its a shame that they stay there so long,its not many that will take on these big messy fish..maybe he will do u a special deal on the price too if it means he can shift them.

but good luck finding them and dont forget to join the oscar club when you have :)

shame your in sheffield Swallow Awuatics in Rayleigh Essex have a nice 10" Red all on his/her own. was a pair but one was sold on its own.

thats a lovely big tank that they are going into.. have your Lfs not got any that have to be re-homed due to their size, mine always does and its a shame that they stay there so long,its not many that will take on these big messy fish..maybe he will do u a special deal on the price too if it means he can shift them.

but good luck finding them and dont forget to join the oscar club when you have :)

my lfs wants stupid money for oscars £19.95 for a 3 inch tiger oscar id rather buy them or rehome them from private sellers
ive just lost my big ozzy :sad: :sad: and i want some more as i enjoy keeping them

yeah thats what i paid for my first 2 were about 3inches too.
sorry about your loss,i`ll keep my eye out for you, good luck, there were a few on here that needed rehoming, but havent seen any too recently..but you never know :)

If you have no look in finding one to rehome (very commendable btw), I can recommend 'Fish Inc', its a great shop with great staff, I was in there just last week, they definately have juvi oscars, can't remember price but generally they are reasonable (definately less than £20, more like £8 I think but can't be sure). I know they have some larger oscars also, around 12" but again I can't remember price. Worth it as you're in Sheffield, best LFS I've been to (bar Wharf, but its a close second).

This might be a long shot, but theres a garden centre near crystal peaks, on my last two visits they've had a large oscar, free to good home if I remember in a cramped tank poor thing, I'll see if I can find out what its called (or you might know the one I mean, its in a dip in the hill). Going back a while, like 3 months but the owner said its been in there for a long time, so they still might have it.

EDIT: If all goes well, I might be popping into fish inc tomorrow or tuesday, so if you wan't I could look for you then. (But you might aswell go anyway, its a great shop).

whereabouts is fish inc ?
can you find out the name of the garden centre or at least the road its on so i can investigate about the big oscar
is it the big garden centre(moor valley i think its called) on the hill below birley spa on the right in the dip as you head away from sheffield city centre

I GOT 2 FROM SORRY TO SAY PETS AT HOME LAST WEEK A RED AND BLACK (£4.99)AND A ALBINO (£7.99)
DONT NO IF YOU HAVE THIS SHOP NEAR YOU

i think the nearest pets at home is in rotherham
i'd rather get fish from private sellers or small fish shops than major retailers as they tend to have been looked after better

i think the nearest pets at home is in rotherham
i'd rather get fish from private sellers or small fish shops than major retailers as they tend to have been looked after better
DONT BLAME YOU THIS IS THE FIRST 2 FISH IVE BROUGHT FOR A LONG TIME I PREFER TO RESCUE THE BUT MY SON RELEY WANTED OSCARS BUT NO ONE GETTING RID OF THEM AT THE MIN GOOD LUCK MATE LET ME NO IF YOU GET THEM
JUST LOOKING ON FLEABAY THERES A FEW ON THERE DONT NO HOW CLOSE TO YOU

can you find out the name of the garden centre or at least the road its on so i can investigate about the big oscar
is it the big garden centre(moor valley i think its called) on the hill below birley spa on the right in the dip as you head away from sheffield city centre

Yeah, thats the one on moor valley I think (looking on google earth), according to a few web pages its called 'Birley Moor Garden Centre' phone number:0114 248 0666‎. Might be hit or miss, like I said, quite a while since I been there.

Fish Inc's address is:
Fish Inc.
Unit 3
Finchwell Close
Sheffield
Yorkshire
S13 9DF

If you're comming on park way its litterally 2 minutes from the exit near ASDA.

If you get desperate there is a pets at home in sheffield (drake house).

Yeah, thats the one on moor valley I think (looking on google earth), according to a few web pages its called 'Birley Moor Garden Centre' phone number:0114 248 0666‎. Might be hit or miss, like I said, quite a while since I been there.

Fish Inc's address is:
Fish Inc.
Unit 3
Finchwell Close
Sheffield
Yorkshire
S13 9DF

If you're comming on park way its litterally 2 minutes from the exit near ASDA.

If you get desperate there is a pets at home in sheffield (drake house).
thanks for that ill give them a try tommorow and see if the big guy is still there or not
im not desperate enough to use major retailers for buying fish as theres plenty of fish out there that need rehoming
ill keep you informed about how i get on with the garden centre oscar
thanks again :good:

I have recently had to give 2 of my lovely oscars to my LFS.. the ####s did not give me even a penny for them but they are still in the shop.. Located in leicester. Its a lovely yellow/albino one and a tiger, really big too theyre between 8-9 inches and have both grown up together.. try calling them and find out what they want for the pair..?

Ocean commotion - 0116 244 8382

They have a couple of others spread around the store, if you just tell them you're enquiring about the pair in the really big tank etc and hopefully they will not try to extort you.
Failing that, theres a good LFS in leicester aswell who always have a nice selection of young oscars for sale at about £6-£7 if you want details pm me

have a look on aquarists classifieds, there's usually a few people with oscars that have outgrown their inadequate homes and are looking for a new home. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back